You can type here any text you want

First real race with my TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nicksturbo

Thought I'd share my first real run with all of you. The weather here today was great and I took my TTA out for a little spin with my daughter. As I left my development I jumped onto the highway. As I merged on, there was another firebird (1967 OR 68) approching in the left lane. He saw the TTA and he punched it as he past me by. I couldn't get on it cause the car was still cold. About 3 miles down the highway I was approaching a light and guess who was in the left lane. So I pulled up behind him because there already was a car in the right lane. The light turns green and I told my daughter "Here we go". As he takes off, I swung to the right lane and he sees this and punches it, but so do I. Once my tubo spooled I was gone!!!! Had him by about 7 or 8 cars in less than a quarter before I let up on it. He pulled up next to me shortly after and looked at me. When I looked back he said, "Hey Nick!" I turns out we knew each other and had'nt seen each other in about 13 years. We pulled over and started to talk about what he had done to the car. He had a 396 with 30 over, cam, duel quads sticking out of the hood, 3 inch duel exhaust and whatever other little goodies. My TTA just has some basic bolt ons. A TA51, TH-DP, MSDS 50s, Bigger fuel pump, Hot wired, No Cat, SMC alky kit. It was a good feeling to see what my car could do. Too bad my usual crusing partner, MY Son wasn't with me this trip. When I told him about the run HE WAS PISSED!!!

NICK

Why do you race with your kids in the car?
What if something would happen... I mean you are on the street and you dont have control over what other drivers may do. I never race with anyone in my car period. If I husrt myself racing thats one thing, but if I hurt someone else thats something completely different.

Kyle F.

Just keep driving your STOCK TTA to car shows and pretend it's fast. Why do you even OWN a TTA? Cuz it's fast? Naw...

As long as you "Race Responsibly" as we say around here, your fine!!

Great Race by the way!!!

Racing

Kyle, my son told me to tell you, he has a need for speed. Like his Dad. Make no mistake , I am a responsible parent. Safety is always first. But thank you for your concern.
Nick

Originally posted by 1QWIK6
Kyle F.

Just keep driving your STOCK TTA to car shows and pretend it's fast. Why do you even OWN a TTA? Cuz it's fast? Naw...

I drive one because I can afford one!
Stupid comments get stupid replies! **** you!
Its only stock because I am in College and cant really afford what I want to do to it yet so I see no reason in doing a lot of nothing.
Why do you DFrive a GN? Is it beacuse it handles so well?? WTF?

My point was... (Duh) You rag people cuz they get in a little street action (DUH... kill stories). But you own a fast car. Why do you own a fast car?

Your so stupid... disapear from my Horizon.

I was not raging him, posting a concern or well more of a feeling from my side. I dont try to tell someone how to raise thier kids, but I think racing on the street is a little dangerous and I never let people in my car when I am. I would never take my kid, like I said before... hurting myself is one thing. Hurting someone else ia another. Thats why I avoid street races at all cost unless I know the area very well.

Why do I own a fast car? Well cause I like Trans Ams and ever since 89 I have wanted a TTA. Well I got one and yes its fast, and no I dont drive the **** out of it everyday. I enjoy the feeling of driving one, not of running 0-100mph at every red light.

Whoa Kyle calm down before you get banned from another board! Remember thirdgen.org?

Sounds like the Firebird with the 396 would be quick. That means you're even quicker

You two keep it civil and agree to disagree............. enough said.
BTW Good Kill Nick.

Geoff

Originally posted by iroc22
Whoa Kyle calm down before you get banned from another board! Remember thirdgen.org?

Yea I remember. I still say I was right. Why does a moderator get to lock everything he doesnt like and say its not tech in an appearance forum? Ofcouse its not tech, were talking about what looks good. Yes I pissed him off and no I dont regret it and yes I would do it again. Thirdgen.org V6ers are the only cool people over there, and some of the TBIers, butr for the most part the V8 guys are Trolls. ABout once a day the come the the V6 board to rag on high school age kids for trying to make thie V6 F-bodies fast. I got sick of it and basically left because well, I have like 8 emails so I could easily have 8 different usernames, but I dont I have no need to be there anymore.

Honestly after seeing some things that go on here, I doubt I will get banned for anything. Have you seen any of 87Octanes post?

Come on, I must have left an impression at thirdgen foir some reason because I havent been there for over 6 months and people still remember me. Hell I get emails every now and then to asking where I am.

To Summarize, I am not concerned and I dont like Thirdgen.org

Thirdgen.org is where I live but I agree with the fact that the V8 guys are jerks. I can't stand Madmax and Ed Maher. The TPI/carb guys rag too much. So you're never coming back to thirdgen then?

yeah thirdgen.org has gone to ****, i still go there sometimes...but overall it sucks, if u don't agree with the moderators you're deemed a moron and clueless. I'd rather deemed a moron and clueless here, holds more weight :D

Well I am glad some people agree with me. I have the same feelings in reguard to SOME Moderators. Though I have to say I have met one of the Moderators off the TBI board, he goes to Ohio State, and he is very knoledgable and a nice guy. I am sure most of the people on the board are nice guys in person, but too many pissing contest over there online.
I really have no reason to go back. I have a TTA now. Most of what I want to do to the car is on here. Engine MODS. Hell they dotn even have a TTA section. I mean the Honda boards have an NSX board.
Though the suspension mods and other little stuff that a lot of people around here wouldnt be too familiar with, wehave already done to my brothes car,(89 RS with ZZ4 Crate Drop in(with some little things changed :)). Dyno 375 Crank HP). So when its time for that we already know exactly what to do.
I just got pissed off at the 350 guys who wont stop raggin on 305s. I mean I had a 305TPI running 13.9 at 98mph, 2.2 60' on street tires with a 2.77 gear. Done mostly with tunin, experimentation and carefully selcted parts to tune to a flat torque curve. Well it worked, I scaned time slips, wrote a detailed tuning log, and a detailed mods list. Hell I even got as specific as ambient temp. They still said I was BS'n because their 350 with "similar" mods and lower gears would only run low mid 14s.
Well I got sick of that attitude and moved to the V6 board where atleast if you were trying something new to make power you got some credit, nod slammed and called stupid.
Oh well thats enough ranting. I just figure there is nothing there for me anymore. My borther goes on there from time to time, but we have found trial and error and learn as you go works best for us anyways. Though the Turbo 6 has too much on the line for guess work. I am taking no chances oin blowing head gaskets!

Hmm yeah I can see that situation with the 305 happening. Madmax rags on people who are planning their mods and estimating times because he "hates bench racing". That's not a good reason to be raggin' on people. And Ed Maher; I'm sure you know what he's famous for doing: closing posts where he gets the final word and it's always insulting or wrong. Oh well.

Back to the original topic...
Good kill man; just remember to be careful when street racing. There's been a lot of deaths in my area from street racing.

And now back to the real subject here. Dissapear from my horizon. Gack! Your some kind of wierd college kid. We don't have a drag strip here any more. So the street is all there is. My kids love to be there . My wife loves to be there. It's dangerous driveing on the street at any time. You might as well enjoy it. I suggest you don't take anyone with you ......ever. It's people like you that think danger should be eliminated from life, that will eventually have us all in straight jackets so we can't possibly get a scratch. Horizon......Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ! Dork! Later.......Danny

Once again I state, I put myself in Dager, not others. I race on the street from time to time, but not with people in my car or on a main street with lots of cross traffic and dangerous intersections. Thats not being afraid of danger, thats just being smart.
Why personally insult me? You dont even know me, or anythign about me. That dissapear from my horizon is a joke abour a professor here at school. Not meant to be anything but a fire back.
Maybe you should join in over at thirgen.org. you would fit in well. If you wonder why just rewad the details above.

Originally posted by alb84
And now back to the real subject here. Dissapear from my horizon. Gack! Your some kind of wierd college kid. We don't have a drag strip here any more. So the street is all there is. My kids love to be there . My wife loves to be there. It's dangerous driveing on the street at any time. You might as well enjoy it. I suggest you don't take anyone with you ......ever. It's people like you that think danger should be eliminated from life, that will eventually have us all in straight jackets so we can't possibly get a scratch. Horizon......Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ! Dork! Later.......Danny

hehe wouldnt that be cool if we died and killed innocent people?
Gack!....ha ha ha ha...fag!

Back