You can type here any text you want

First time at the dyno

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rb68rr

The conditions were 81 degrees and 48% humidity. I didn't have any race fuel so I just added zylene to get it up to around 100 octane which is why I was only running 18# of boost and a TT race chip. 338 horsepower
424 torque
12.0 air/fuel
What do you think it might do with the ta-49 at it's max boost and good race fuel? Thanks, R.B.

There was a similiar thread like this a while back. I think it was "Guess my dyno ##". It was a couple of weeks ago.

rb68rr said:
The conditions were 81 degrees and 48% humidity. I didn't have any race fuel so I just added zylene to get it up to around 100 octane which is why I was only running 18# of boost and a TT race chip. 338 horsepower
424 torque
12.0 air/fuel
What do you think it might do with the ta-49 at it's max boost and good race fuel? Thanks, R.B.

I remeber the same thread that fstrthnu was talking about, i posted on it...

Here is what i said,

Dynojet-

If the convertor was locked and the boost was 25 along with 25° of timing, then it should be around 420/580 if everything is right at 11.4 a/r

If it was rich and only on 110 then 400/555
If it was unlocked then 330/440

What did it do?
BW

Here is the link

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169585&highlight=dyno

I guessed within 5 HP and someone else gets the fame :confused: , oh well dynos are all their own, got to have some dyno runs under the belt and know the guys running it... Dyno should be used as a tool to dial it in if you cant do it on the street, if you can dial it in on the street, then you get good numbers on the dyno.

My same daily driver in my sig did 470/615 with a 44 4 years ago. Running low 11s with everything right.
BW

BW

I was told that the dyno can get you a real good tune but you also have to tune for the street/ track also. Dial it in I guess.

fstrthnu said:
I was told that the dyno can get you a real good tune but you also have to tune for the street/ track also. Dial it in I guess.

A few years ago when i was running a bleeder style wastegate controller, i would find that i would have to turn the knob out and "lower" the boost for the street, but it would be the same boost level.

As in , on the dyno its 20, but hit the street and it would spike to 23 or so.

Now i have the BSTC and dont hit the dyno but every few years, my car made zero difference between street and dyno rollers last june, same boost 19-20 psi, zero creep.

From my experience, i have the room to dial the car in on the street, and take it to the dyno the next day.. This really gets the car in prime condition for the dyno, and very little tuning is necessary on the dyno.
BW

Back