Florida to Cali * roadtrip

image.jpg
Finally settling down for the night.

Meeting Daniel and his family was a real pleasure. He picked us up from the airport, and even hooked me up with a GN t-shirt! What a guy! After leaving his place, we spent an hour or better in the car (stuck in traffic) getting to the coast. At the hotel now, great food and many drinks to unwind after the long day. Even went and dipped my toes in the warm Atlantic Ocean. Sure is a lot warmer than the pacific by my house!
Gonna enjoy the beach a bit tomorrow before heading out, then time to put in some miles.

Really Cool, and congratulation to everyone! Be safe, and enjoy the long road trip back to Sunny California. :cool:

If you come to Mansfield we are just north in Arlington just up 157.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Running way behind schedule, has some mechanicals yesterday that cost us about 5 hours. Drove till 12:30 last nite to make it to Mariannas. Thought the alternator was coming apart, but after making a detour into Holiday, FL to get help from Daniels friend at his shop, it turned out to be the AC compressor. Had the old one halfway off when the wrong parts showed up and not able to find correct ones till today. No time to wait, so we put it back together and kept on truckin'. Just now we have no AC. :(
My drivers window is jacked and won't go up all the way, at least not enough to seal so the wind noise and rain coming in is another challenge. Goes right along with the pass. wiper not working, so what's one more issue....
Ran over a opossum last nite. Took him down the left side. No damage to us, but I'm sure he's not saying the same thing. Right rear bumper filler tore off at some point, so now there is that gaping hole between body and bumper.

On the plus side, the car seems to be running well, and does make good power! Whoosh !!!!

Time to get up and hit the road. Need to put in another 13 or so hours today to be on track.

Dont push too hard. An extra day or three wont matter. Getting stressed and/or tired could cause way bigger problems.

By the way, is the factory tachometer really that far off? Scanmaster shows 2500, while the lighted tachometer thing he shows 4000!!!

Uep, that's pretty common....Caspers may still offer a rebuild service

I didn't read this entire post, but ........
post up your route, so fellow buick nuts along the way can be of help, if needed,
I'm in Kingman,Az, on I40, (actually on Rte 66)
Nick feels I am the AAA road service for turbo Buicks, for this area!

I'm curious how a bumper filler can disappear without some kind of major accident. They are screwed on pretty good. Maybe you could order a compressor from Advance/Oreilly's, pick it up and have it installed at a shop along your route?

I'm curious how a bumper filler can disappear without some kind of major accident. They are screwed on pretty good. Maybe you could order a compressor from Advance/Oreilly's, pick it up and have it installed at a shop along your route?
If they are like mine were they just disintegrate and fall off. The bolts/nuts are still there.

Work will understand. Give them a heads up. No sense in pushing too hard. Getting there late is way better than not getting there at all.

Great you are making progress. Upside, spoolfool is out there saving the shipping across the country on his fillers.

I've got a brand new one piece filler back at Daniels place. Just to send him a shipping label once I get home.

Cruz'n. Won't know our west route till later today. PM me your email addy and I'll be in touch. I'll ad you to our "follow my friends" app and you ca track us

Dam tori that sucks about the a/c not even 2k miles on that compressor brand NEW,the rear filler is no surprise but you know you have a new 1 here,and 1 wiper is not working??? How the heck?