You can type here any text you want

Flow & HP potential of the stock intake manifold???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
At what point does the '86-'87 production lower intake manifold become a restriction on an off-center stage motor? Assuming it is fully ported such as Champion does?

I have seen a dyno chart from a car pulling just under 800 rwhp with one. Is that about the limit? What kind of ET/MPH would that be in a full-weight car?

Has anyone ever "maxed out" the production manifold?

TIA,

Keith

I am not sure on numbers maybe Kendall or Bill A can chime in. However the stock intake ported has been 9's already how much faster do you want to go:confused:

Originally posted by njturbo
I am not sure on numbers maybe Kendall or Bill A can chime in. However the stock intake ported has been 9's already how much faster do you want to go:confused:

I'm trying to get an idea of at what HP/ET/MPH we need to upgrade to an aftermarket lower intake manifold. I know of or have seen a few full weight cars runs high 9's with the production unit fully ported. Is that the "maxed out" limit?

K.

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
I'm trying to get an idea of at what HP/ET/MPH we need to upgrade to an aftermarket lower intake manifold. I know of or have seen a few full weight cars runs high 9's with the production unit fully ported. Is that the "maxed out" limit?

K.

I really do not know anyone faster on the stock intake. I may be wrong. :rolleyes:

Maybe Joe Lubrant will speak up..I kind of think he had a stock intake on his motor when it ran 9.14 or so. It was definitely an off-center motor, anyway.

Originally posted by KendallF
Maybe Joe Lubrant will speak up..I kind of think he had a stock intake on his motor when it ran 9.14 or so. It was definitely an off-center motor, anyway.

According to PTE's website Joe used a BGC intake....

Originally posted by KendallF

True, my car was running a BGC cast alum. intake, GN-1's PT88 3-bolt, with a restrictive 3in dp @3680-3700#--9.13@153.55

I don't think I remember any "Full Weight" running faster than approx. 9.70's with a stock intake, but I believe these cars were running 70 or 72 series turbo's.

Not sure what the limit would be with a larger turbo, and a little less weight on the car?

Guess I'll have to do a little more research on it.

Joe

Back