Frame Notch/Tub/Cage-Complete build Start2Finish

Yeah,Yeah yeah, Title...lol...I never said I could spell, build cars maybe but not spell worth SH!T..I think we need to have you or the powers that be add spell check on here..lol..I only paid attention in shop class..LMAO

LOL If you look at the quick reply box on the right side top you'll see an ABC with a check under it. It's the spell check Dale. The big reply has it too in the same place.:tongue::eek::biggrin: Just have to rib you some.:cool:

Damm, I guess I can't read either...LMFAO..I really never noticed that..Damm I really need to take a break..lol This project is starting to drain me this week..lol. Thanks everyone

I've been pretty busy this last couple weeks or so and I havn't got anymore done but I'm starting back at the car again tonight... my wife and kids will be out of town for the next week and half so this time everyyear i'm a bachlor..lol..I useually work day and night in the garage when i'm not at work..So I should be able to get quite a bit done over next 2 weeks...So you guys should be able to look forward to more pics..I have all the braces in for the floor and seats.. I need to finnish burning welds on all the braces since everything is fitted and tacked in. I will post a updated pic of where im at now the last pic i posted was with just the driver side seat braces in but i have the pass side done now, and after I complete the welding i will be fitting in the sheet metal.

here you go heres where im at currently

Attachments

• Floor and seat braces complete.jpg
    Floor and seat braces complete.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 470
I got the 22ga sheet metal cut for the driver and passerside. It is just laying in now still needs welded in and need to cut the steel for around the trans tunnel....well I was hoping to be done with the car this summer but I doubt i will hit my goal so should be ready for track no later than next spring..I still have ton more work to do on the inside and still have to finnish the bodywork and paint..My wife has been getting on me more lately with spending so much of my time in the garage so I need to back off a little and work on it more when she is not home...I dont plan to put it on the track until the body and paint is done and i dont think i will be ready for paint until around oct-nov..All the drive train is done, it pretty much is just alot of metal work/paint/body right now..Only thing I still need as far as getting it running on the road is the new axles for the 9inch rearend since it has been shortened. I've been holding off on the axles untill i'm ready to put the rearend back in and measure for wheels and tires..i've been checking out a tool i found at summit racing for measureing proper backspacing because i want to have a perfect fit the first time..if anyone has used one of these backspace measurring tools let me know im courious how well they work..

Here's another pic...I started plug welding the pass floor in this afternoon being that the sheet metal is so thin and very light i used an air punch and stamped holes in the the sheetmetal about every inch or so and plug welded to the floor braces, because the sheet metal is so thin and i can't run a full weld bead along the floor pans, I will use a seam sealer like i did in the trunk to make sure the floor is sealed off and completely waterproof

Attachments

• pass floor plug welded.jpg
    pass floor plug welded.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 431