You can type here any text you want

Front end rebuild kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LIVE4RDO

Hey crowd. Want to rebuild my front end. Car is a street car, but I love tight steering (who doesn't).

I need help making a decission between getting a MOOG, SPOHN or a PST kit.

Which one would you pick and why?

Thank you.

I'm not looking to do anything crazy, just get the best handling I can get without any major modification$$.

All three kits are approximately the same price. At least according to my research.

Are you planning on doing the work yourself or taking it somewhere? There's a good thread in the how to section that doesn't use the normal parts and shows you how to do the work.;) Pats minus shipping would cost you about $1K an make the car handle much better.

I'm just looking to replace the basics... for now.

I have stock control arms, which I'll clean up paint and replace all the bushings.

Replace all steering components. Just can't decide which ones to get.

Moog with do fine and are very reasonable just being a new part will make it feel way better than the 25 year old worn out parts! Also maybe a jeep steering shaft to ditch the sloppy rag joint!

Since you're really not planning to do more than a rebuild right now the one thing you might think about is going with taller ball joints which helps the camber curve in the car. A 1" difference will help the handling and if you do a 1/2" taller top and bottom it will drop the front 1' or yo can do stock on top and a 1" taller on the bottom which will drop the front down 1". It's a little more expensive than a stock ball joint but it helps keep the car on the road in curves better.;)

Here's the list I used, from my RockAuto receipt. Most are Moog "Problem Solver" parts. You may not need a center drag link of idler arm, I went ahead and replaced them..

Attachments

• moog.JPG
    moog.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 223
Since you're really not planning to do more than a rebuild right now the one thing you might think about is going with taller ball joints which helps the camber curve in the car. A 1" difference will help the handling and if you do a 1/2" taller top and bottom it will drop the front 1' or yo can do stock on top and a 1" taller on the bottom which will drop the front down 1". It's a little more expensive than a stock ball joint but it helps keep the car on the road in curves better.;)

Are there any downsides to doing that? Rubbing? Do you have the right part numbers? Thanks.

Are there any downsides to doing that? Rubbing? Do you have the right part numbers? Thanks.

There's no real downside to doing it, unless you plan on putting 20's on it and putting it in the dirt.:rolleyes: The part numbers are:
1/2" longer upper ball joint part number 106-200322LF. Speedway.
1/2" longer lower ball joint part number 001127750. Howe.
1" longer lower ball joint part number 0011277100. Howe.
Remember that you only want 1" total so either 1/2" top and bottom or 1" on the bottom and stock on the top.;)

Back