You can type here any text you want

Front Mount IC's for Fbodies?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

91Bird305

I was just curious what FMIC people are using on their TTA's. Are they the same ones that the Grand Nationals are running and do they require fabcrication to fit or do they bolt right in like they said they do on the GN's. Thanks

I have one on mine, but it was put on by a previous ownew and I don't yet know what make it is. I'll find out in a couple weeks when it goes to ANS for some work.

I have the Cas V2 for a TTA on my car, bolted right in and fits well, seems to work well too :D

I dunno if CAS still makes them or how easy it would be to get one from them.

HTH,
Steve

Do u happen to know the dimensions for your V2 Steve? if they don't sell them anymore then I can atleast get one that is similar in size.

Stock IC on our cars is good well into the mid 120's, high 10's easy.

Just thought i'd drop this in ;)

Originally posted by 91Bird305
Do u happen to know the dimensions for your V2 Steve? if they don't sell them anymore then I can atleast get one that is similar in size.

If I remeber correctly the dimensions of the core are the same as a V2 for a GN, but the tubes coming off the bottom are shorter and the lower mounting tab goes up under the radiator support rather than straight down like the GN one.

Originally posted by 91Bird305
Stock intercoolers are good to high 10's? :confused:

Yup and i'm gonna prove it :D

Actually Rob Crissafuli went 132 on a bone stock IC. So I have a ways to go.

And the chemical injection used will allow it to happen.

Thanks bud. Actually Rob had run mid 10's with his. And i'm getting there.. Its a low-mid 11 second car already.. and the screen is still on it.

Wow, well low 11's is what I am shooting for.

Did u see that post about the new stock replacment intercooler that is coming out? I think its in the turbo lounge.

Originally posted by TTA850
If I remeber correctly the dimensions of the core are the same as a V2 for a GN, but the tubes coming off the bottom are shorter and the lower mounting tab goes up under the radiator support rather than straight down like the GN one.

Hey Steve (Or Anyone), do u think u could get me a picture of your intercooler?

Back