Fuel Pressure Jump Normal?

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
I just upgraded the fuel pump in my 87 Gn, and figured I'd install a hot wire kit while I'm at it- I know it says in the fuel pump instructions to expect a jump in fuel pressure of "a few psi", but between the two upgrades, my fuel pressure at idle whith the vacume disconnected went from 44psi to 62psi????? -I did not check voltage to the pump before, and wonder if maybe the old pump was messed up- I took it out believing it would be a stock pump to find it was already a Walbro (307 I think).

Anyway, going to lower the fp back to 44 this afternoon and make some passes....

Not as far as I could tell, I was very careful about the rubber lines over the tank, and don't think I have any other spots to be worried about. The fuel pressure increases as it should with boost, and decreases aas quickly as the boost when I let off. I would guess that if there was kink, that the pressure would also take more time to subside once I let off- Maybe not?

probably. I know when I put my walbro in, it took the place of the stock pump, the pulsator had a metal ring on it. The pulsator is replaced with a rubber line when doing the upgrade. Anyway, when I slid the hose over the old pump for whatever reason, that metal ring got caught in the hose. I didnt realize it. After I put it all back together and was having problems, I took everything back apart and found that ring crooked in the rubber hose. It was restricting the lines diameter by a measure of half. :eek: