You can type here any text you want

Fuel problem T-type Fast xfi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Axell

I´m from sweden so excuse my english.

Stopped my car in downhill and pulled the parking brake to the bottom.

When i started the car and reverse out on the road, and pushed in D and gave half throttle, the power just disappeared, the engine didnt stop but is was like it didnt get any fuel.
I came to a junction and the car was going on 4-5 cylinders so i drove off the road. Since then it has not been the same car.

I´ve checked all fuses, and both pumps is going.

I´ve Checked every spark plug.

I cannot connect my computer to the FAST system.
Something wrong with my computer.

Please help me!

I´m from sweden so excuse my english.

Stopped my car in downhill and pulled the parking brake to the bottom.

When i started the car and reverse out on the road, and pushed in D and gave half throttle, the power just disappeared, the engine didnt stop but is was like it didnt get any fuel.
I came to a junction and the car was going on 4-5 cylinders so i drove off the road. Since then it has not been the same car.

I´ve checked all fuses, and both pumps is going.

I´ve Checked every spark plug.

I cannot connect my computer to the FAST system.
Something wrong with my computer.

Please help me!

Check hose to MAP sensor. If MAP sensor stops working your engine will run poor.

and check your intercooler hoses.if one comes off you"ll have a major power loss. almost not driveable

Check hose to MAP sensor. If MAP sensor stops working your engine will run poor.
I had random drivability issues, stalling, sputtering, etc. Finally I was driving 5 feet at a time and restarting. I drove it for a week. One day it was fine for 30 miles, the next day it wouldn't even get out of the driveway. I put a mighty vac to the MAP and looked at the map reading on the XFI C-Com. Showing nothing. I have the Caspers map sensor adapter that allows you to use the map sensor in the engine bay. I wiggled the wires and pushed on the connectors, and it started reading. Must have been a pin not seated in the connector. Make sure every connection at the XFI and related are tight and seated, and make sure the line going to the map is unrestricted and leak free.

Ok im going to check that!

It cannot be the fuel filter?
I would try checking the above suggestions first. However, if you cannot remember the last time it was replaced, it would be worth it to replace it anyway. Does the fuel there also include any ethanol? If so, there is a possibility that the ethanol has broken up some dirty particles in the fuel tank and partially clogged your filter. This has been a growing problem for everyone here in the U.S. with older vehicles.

I would try checking the above suggestions first. However, if you cannot remember the last time it was replaced, it would be worth it to replace it anyway. Does the fuel there also include any ethanol? If so, there is a possibility that the ethanol has broken up some dirty particles in the fuel tank and partially clogged your filter. This has been a growing problem for everyone here in the U.S. with older vehicles.

Ok but i have a clue, that it could be the fuelfilter beucause the angle the car stod in the downhill and some "dirty particles" could have cause the problem?
I bougt the car for 2 months ago so i have no idea when the filter has been change the last time, i dont have any ethanol.

Ok but i have a clue, that it could be the fuelfilter beucause the angle the car stod in the downhill and some "dirty particles" could have cause the problem?
I bougt the car for 2 months ago so i have no idea when the filter has been change the last time, i dont have any ethanol.
It sounds like replacing the filter would be a good idea if you do not have any maintenance records from the prior owner. Even if it is not the cause of your problem, you will have removed that possibility from the list.

It sounds like replacing the filter would be a good idea if you do not have any maintenance records from the prior owner. Even if it is not the cause of your problem, you will have removed that possibility from the list.

Exactly, it feels like it could be the filter, but im going to check the other things to.
Soon it will be winter here so i must put the car in custody, so it would be nice to have the car replied.

I have changed the fuelfilter, clean the injectors and switched injectors. Today i saw on the map sensor, the hose hung in the air!
The mapsensor hose, should it be connected to the inlet?

I have changed the fuelfilter, clean the injectors and switched injectors. Today i saw on the map sensor, the hose hung in the air!

Yes sir.... it will run like crap without it.

Time for two things. New hose and lots of zip ties.

Be happy you didnt burn your motor up.

Its not the map sensor, it was the old map sensor to the original system, i looked it up and the new fast system has the map sensor on another place. I took out the hoose from the fast map sensor and then the car died. So its not the map sensor.
The diods on my fast controller lits : Points, orange color Cam yellow color Crank red color Power yellow color.
Anybody who knows anything about the fast system ?
Can it be the ignitionsystem?

What part number is the sensor? What does you MAP sensor show on the FAST dash with the key on engine not running? What if you supply 30psi air to the sensor with the key on? Once you tell use what sensor you have we can give you a calibration table and verify if the MAP is reading correctly.

The fuel gauges on these cars are far from accurate...Parking on a hill w/ a low tank will cause that..Are you out of gas??????

No part number only a mark CBA on the map sensor. Thats the biggest problem now that i cant connect to the dash!!! Find usb devices ok! Failed to find xfi dash logger device is what then dash logger say when i try to connect!

I have done a fuelpressure test. 3.2 bar. So its not the fuel either.

Is there anybody who has or had any problem to connect to the fast hardware?

The first thing is your laptop computer must recognize the USB adapter. If you open the FAST program without the computer first recognizing your USB device.. it will not connect. Some laptops and programs make this process finiky. On mine.. when i'm on my desktop and plug in my USB.. the computer makes a "dink" sound. At that point i'll double click the FAST icon and proceed to connect. If all else fails.. reboot the computer. But I will tell you patience is the key and let the laptop recognize the USB adapter else you'll never get it working.

The next thing is to know what port on your laptop your using. Example USB on COM port 6.

Once you have this information.. open the FAST software, go into communications, then select COM port 6 and save it.

Then you can simply use the F2 key or communicate.

The FAST will not autodetect your com port. You must tell it where to connect to on which com port.

Use the "HELP" section as well.

Ok, but where do i find the name of the usb device?
In the Cummunication spot i have these devices: Can A Can B and Rs 232.

Back