You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump relay issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
okay I have a issue with my relay , I turn the ignition on and wait 2-4seconds till I here it click . Then turn over the motor . The motor will start then will die because the relay will click on and off . With that said my fuel pump continues to supply fuel at the proper pressure. So why would it clicking on and off cause it to kill the spark ? Where does the signal come from to close the relay ? What supply's the power to it ? I have the oil pressure switch bypassed . My main power breakout on the starter are secure . Any idea would be great .

The ecm controls the signal that pulls in the relay via the green and white wire. The switched power comes from the inj/fuel pump fuse in the fusebox. You can jump the relay plug to eliminate the relay from the equation. Jump pin B with D. The pump will then run with the key on.

Does it die like the key is shut off or sputter out?

That's the thing even with it clicking on and off the fuel pump stays on regardless. The car sputters out . If I rev it it will stay running shity but running its just at idle it will die .

I see. Sounds like there is already a jumper somewhere. Or the prime wire by the alternator is being fed power.

Sputtering out sounds like a fuel problem. Have you logged any data? Verified the map signal is good?

I will get some data later today . I also am going to check the TR6 diagnostic info

Maybe your tank is empty, I have had a few GN's towed in with that "issue"? :confused:

Okay guys my tank has fuel and fuel pressure is at a steady 44 . Now it my cam sensor isn't receiving power ? I have checked all my fuses they r good ? My TR6 isn't showing a diagnostic data or blinking or anything . My ccci fuse is a 25amp and is good . ?!

So now it won't run at all?

Check for power at the module plug. Pin P and M should have 12v with the key on. Pin M is supplied power via the ccci fuse. Pin P is powered via ecm/ign fuse.

If you suspect a problem with the tr6, swap it out with the original.

The cam sensor receives its power from the TR6 (or stock ignition module). I have seen the stock ignition module plug terminals have weak tension from heat and age. Try retensioning the terminals with a small safety pin. You should get a cam sensor missing error code after crranking (and the engine will not start) if the cam sensor is not working,.

Bob

I was just going to say bob my cam sensor is only receiving 10 volts . I also have a bunch of connectors that I'm not using that have 12v going to them that I dont need . The connectors In the pics have power

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    941.1 KB · Views: 129
I believe 10v is correct. If not Bob will say something.

Those plugs look like the fan delay relay connectors. Most of us ditch them and zip tie wires out of the way.

Yes they r the delays my deal is they still have power going to them . Is it okay to cut them and tape them up ? Just not a big fan of having live wires hanging around

Back