fuel pump stays on

kneeshurt

turn on key and fuel pump keeps running i replaced the relay it did not help. what else could i check

Check to see if you fuel pump wiring has been tampered with. Sounds like it might be powered off a relay triggered by an ignition port in the fuse box.

Does the 'idiot light" for oil come on when you put the ign sw. in start or run? I have a GN that has an oil pressure switch. I don't know if these cars came with an oil pressure sender. Anyways, the oil pressure switch will over-ride the fuel pump relay (which is controlled by the ECM) when a certain oil pressure is reached.

The oil pressure idiot light will come on until a certain oil pressure is reached, which should happen during crank. Then it will turn off, indicating that the oil pressure switch is now providing power to the FP.

If your oil pressure light never comes on, it indicates that the oil pressure switch is closed. or that there is a short in the wiring somewhere.

It may be, that your oil pressure switch, or associated wiring, is shorted somehow.

I hope this makes sense, and helps you somehow.

Jeff