Fuel surge tank 3 430lphr walbro

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
I've been looking at these fuel surge tanks . Pretty cool setup if you ask me . So basically you have you in tank pump to this surge tank . There is a supply and return . Then you have a supply and return from the surge tank . You can have up to 3 430 lphr pumps in there . Hopefully when I get this setup going. I'll be able to just run 2 430s but might just throw the 3rd one in there for the hell of it . Looks like a days system to setup and be able to have plenty of fuel . Does anyone run this kind of setup? Let me know what u think of it .
IMG_3843.JPG
IMG_3846.JPG
IMG_3844.JPG
IMG_3845.JPG

This looks real bad ass. I like it, but why would you go with this?

Is it for ease of install? At this point, wouldn't it just be more simple (and cheaper) to go with an external pump? Would this be used just to keep the stock gas tank?

I probably would fabricate some sort of a stealthy sump for a big external style pump, or better yet, install a big external pump in the tank itself.

Anyhow, I really do like it. It definitely has the "cool" factor going for it.

it should certainly help to eliminate any fuel slosh issues associated with using a stock fuel tank.

Probably quieter than an external pump.

why wouldn't something like this work? it seems to be a whole lot simpler while still serving the purpose you're after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go external you need to sump your tank . It seems like a quick efficient way to get a lot more fuel . I will be doing a setup like this soon hopefully. Or I am looking at doing a DIY intank Dual 430 lphr setup .

Just my $.02..Looks like 3X as many points of possible failure. And, that's not including the added relay/wiring, that can fail.
Remember, Murphy always makes his presence known at 6500rpm, 30psi...:cry:

Just my $.02..Looks like 3X as many points of possible failure. And, that's not including the added relay/wiring, that can fail.
Remember, Murphy always makes his presence known at 6500rpm, 30psi...:cry:
I couldn't agree more. Like I said earlier, it has a certain "cool" factor. But when you reach the performance level where you need that kind of fuel, you want to keep it as simple as possible.

Nothing beats a big external pump. I guess you could play around a little with how it's installed. Whether it be in the tank, outside the tank, have the tank sumped, or use a fuel-cell.