You can type here any text you want

full throttle roller cam opinion on size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well it's finally time for me to put my car back together.

I am ready to order my roller cam setup. and would like some opinons

My combo will be

bottom
Stock crank, with girdle
h-beams
.020 forged pistons

top end
gn1 intake, 60#, 70mm tb
stock heads (I would like to switch to gn1's by the end of the season staying in my budget for now)

other notibles
ptc 10" 3200
cottons front mount
no ac
ta headers
6076 journal turbo
tt chip
4" maf pipe
stage 1 trans

I've been reading alot about staying with the smaller setup cam. I know last year when I switched to the roller rockers that I had to shorten my pushrods, so I will probably have to order some different size pushrods than come in the kit. I had the comp 212/212 hyd cam last year and it ran well. I am running a smaller turbo (6076) to try to get some better streetability out of the car.

My goals will be by the end of the season to run some low 11 second passes with the boost up.

Keeping in mind that I would like to have the gn1 heads by the end of the season, which size grind would you guys suggest?
Also which lifters would you suggest? Morel or comp.

Thanks for input!

Talked to mike today at full throttle and ordered a 210/215 roller and morel lifters. Nice guy to talk to and very helpful.Ordered a turbo from him also.

Talked to mike today at full throttle and ordered a 210/215 roller and morel lifters. Nice guy to talk to and very helpful.Ordered a turbo from him also.

+1 .... talked to Mike a week or two ago and have been dealing with Marianne and Mike for years.... great to deal with and a real asset to our community ... only problem is every time i talk to him money disappears:eek: :eek: :eek:

im getting this cam as well.... cant wait. have heard great things, and the morel lifters are even cheaper:wink:

Thanks for the input guys.

I will be calling mike tomorrow and making my order on the cam setup and the turbo.

210/215

Switching to the 6031 turbo though with hopefully an s cover

My brother has a 210/215 in his Cutlass. It works great, feels great down low, and pulls hard up top. I ran the 215/220 last year, and I thought it would benefit from more rpm than I was willing to rev a stock bottom end. I want to switch it out for a 210/215 when the car is back together.

What would an equilivent roller to the Edlebrock cam? Just wondering for the future.

Ended up calling and picking up a 6131dbb from mike with an s cover.

I think this turbo should be an excellent street trubo which is exactly what I am looking for!

Ended up calling and picking up a 6131dbb from mike with an s cover.

I think this turbo should be an excellent street trubo which is exactly what I am looking for!

You have A LOT of converter for that turbo.
You could probably get away with a 2400-2600.
Some people run the stock converter with the non bb version of that turbo.
You are going to be able to burn out at will

I have the same converter for a 62625 BB and it will probably be too much.
My turbine wheel is two sizes up from yours.

Converter stalls at 3000 on the foot brake, I may put it up for sale and switch to a 2800 stall. I will be interested to see how it goes but I have to wait out the winter now.

Back