You can type here any text you want

Gateway street car results

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bobs rare 6

Lets see the results and record standings from last tues. night street car shootout. I think we have a new record! Later, Bob.

Lets see the results and record standings from last tues. night street car shootout. I think we have a new record! Later, Bob.

WTH - i was going to go but something came up.....what did i miss:eek:

We wont get a formal update b/c Bret was at Bonneville last week... if you know something please let us in on it:D

Troy from Columbia happened. I did not go but he called me to brag. Congrats Troy.

Troy from Columbia happened. I did not go but he called me to brag. Congrats Troy.

soooooooooooooooo... what did he run? what were his specs? i AM sure it was a 10 sec pass since we are "beating around the bush" , right?:rolleyes: ;)

I cant remember what turbo he has. I know he has dual nozzle alky, Century built transmission, that is about all I can remember. HIs turbo is an older style non-ball bearing. He said no TR's were at the track. He went with a buddy of his and have no idea about video. After the last run they called him to the tower and asked him not to come back, no cage.

Congrats! It sure is nice to see a Turbo Buick holding the record in that class. If DDay and Rob gets their cars out we ought to see a three way fight for the record.

Craig

I just looked at the mph again.... 131!!! Wow, that thing ought to run 10 flat. That's a serious machine.

Congrats! It sure is nice to see a Turbo Buick holding the record in that class. If DDay and Rob gets their cars out we ought to see a three way fight for the record.

Craig
Craig unfortunately Rob just sold his car - So DDay is the only contender [unless JFranz steps up to the plate:rolleyes: :o ]

Franz has outdated belts, a bad wastegate, and a questionable sphincter. Don't count on seeing that car in the staging lanes until his son can drive.

D-Day doesn't have a cage, or DOT's. I'm sure one of us would lend him ours just to put the 6's back where they belong in the records.

Hmmm...let's see... 8 second V8's, 9 second 4 cylinders, 9 second trucks, 9 second diesels, 10.0 rotarys, 10.9 second FWD's...

Yeah, I'd like to see a low ten TR out there. Maybe a 9.50 one.

Granted, the one thing the TRs' generally have that many of the other 'street' cars do not is...well...that they are street cars. That are licensed. Cars with full interiors, driven to the track, with A/C, with radios and rear seats, and driven home. Granted, once you get down into the 500 HP plus realm, sometimes its best to have a trailer... Regardless, that is what I thought the true spirit of the SCSS was about. Not race cars with DOTs and skinnies.

Admittedly, my car is not among those gunning for the sub-11's at the moment. So perhaps I'm not one to talk. *shrug*

Yes I did trailer my car I live a 120 miles away. I also have working cold ac and all other options work except the radio. My car has Champion iron heads and stock bottom end with steel main caps. This is done on pump gas and alky. Wheels and tires were 16" GNX look alikes. No skinneys for me. The slow ET was from a Trans that takes forever to shift from 1st to 2nd. I know my car can go faster but why, it needs a cage. It is not a TSM car or really not a race car but a street car. I LOST to a Chevy that ran a 8.679 @ 156.28 that is a race car,not a street car. Keller I hope I'm taking your last post wrong.

I woner how many of those sub 10 cars can run 200+ miles with AC running? I understand your post Scott and agree that the street car challenge should be 'street' cars and not purpose built race cars.

Don't get me wrong: Now that the TR's are 20+ years old, towing to the track often just makes sense. It beats walking home. Especially when you have a 500+ horsepower combo, there are times things just don't go as planned. I don't have any issues with those who tow. I happen to live close enough that I generally don't. Plus, I don't yet own a trailer or have anywhere to put one.

As far a the SCSS, I really don't think a Lexan-windowed, 'glass-bodied, tube-framed, mountain-motored car car with atmospheres of nitrous that would never be able to get any sort of plate is really a "street car". Not to mention those same cars do not have front tires that are DOT legal in many cases. A few years back, Tuesday nights seem to really have street cars. Now the Quick 16 is topped with a few cars that are far from "street". The vast majority of people that show up are real, honest-to-goodness street car drivers just there to have fun.

Again, not faulting anyone who tows. I have started towing to the GS Nats and such. Would like to see Jeff Franz's car break the 11.0 barrier, since I helped with the parts selection and buildup of that car; a true street driven T. Heard that D-Day may go to the track tonight through word-of-mouth. Maybe he'll take the V6 record down further. Not sure he has his cage in yet.

87 Buick Limited T-Type 1 of 1035 made!!

Don't know if Rob sold this yet. Hopefully it stays in the area. The first T I test drove looked exactly like this. It was used on a dealers lot. And I met its first owner years later as well. Nothing says "Buick" as perfectly as a T Limited.

If Troys car would have got a good 60ft., his car would have run low 10s! 131 on 26inch tall tires is flying!

Back