gauge mount

matcojoe

my gauge mount i made, i know it looks like one for sale from one of the vendors, but only cost me $36.95 to build. sorry about bad pics had to use phone i couldn't find my camera. some spare sheet metal from an old hood and $6.95 worth of material then paid a local upholstery shop $30.00 to cover it( $20 plus $10 tip for doing it ia a half hour) IMAG0085.jpg

sorry i didn't take pics of the build, but all i did was take some old sheet metal from a hood, measured and cut. then i scored the bend lines and folded it into a box. i welded it up and ground down the welds. i cut the holes with a 2" hole saw then ground them out to fit gauges with dremmel tool. went and got some material from a local upholstery shop, matched it up by taking my armrest with me. then i paid a local shop to cover it.

What makes you think it's not just mounted on that chair? :)

From the looks of it, it would seem to fit nicely on the side of the speedo cluster box, above the radio/heat cluster area. You can still keep eyes on road. It looks like the material used is pretty close to stock so it seems to match up nicely. Awesome price - around here you would only get $36 BACK from a $100 bill if you took it to an upholstery place...

I am looking on possibly making one that will fit 2 5/8 gauge's. But don't want to drill into any material when mounting the pod. I wonder if this had to be drilled or use existing bolt holes.

No, it's not mounted to the chair. I posted a pic of where I mounted it. I used plumbers strap and double sided tape to mount it. No holes were drilled into the dash to mount.

Attachments

• DSCF1018.JPG
    DSCF1018.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 66