gbodyparts.com Deatschwerks Fuel pump takes me 10.51

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
Just want to give a heads up / thumbs up to Brian at gbodyparts.com I called him because my Walbro pump with 2,000 miles on it crapped out. He asked me to try this new pump he was selling that has a 3yr, yes 3 year ! unlimited miles warranty. I put it in, easy as pie, comes with everything you need. I took the car to the track wed and ran a 10.51 !!! my best time ever!!! at 30 psi the car did not drop off at all, plenty of fuel, afr stayed dead on at 10.9 at 30psi and 93 fuel. (methanol injection as well LOL..) This is a STOCK STOCK unopened 79,000 mile long block, stock cam, stock heads, stock intake manifold oil pan never been off. Now the motor is on the way out but thats no fault of the fuel pump. Think I stretched the stock rod bolts. :cool:

Again !!! thanks so much Brian, We whipped up this combo over a few beers awhile back and it's been GREAT ! I Told him I wanted to do was go 10.50 on the stock long block and thats about as dead f-ing close as you can get. :biggrin:

Did you have ant problems with bypass fuel??? Getting it regulated.

I know this is a Feedback, forum, not Tech, but I will answer your question based on 2 DW pumps installed locally.

The DW's replaced worm pumps on 2 almost stock GN's, and there was NO issue with regulating the fuel pressure. It was within 1 psi at idle after the installation, and fine [normal] at RPM. :)

stock lines, ac delco filter that was replaced when the pump was installed.

I had no issues with pressure base or WOT with 30 psi.

I know at least 4 people who can't get their base fuel pressure down with this pump. So for the benefit of all of us, it would be good to figure why it works for some people and not for others.
If you don't mind, what is your exact base fuel psi (engine running), and then what does it drop to with the vac line on? Also, are you running a hotwire, and what is your voltage at idle?

Hopefully we can nail this down, as it's great to have some alternative in-tank pumps for the Buicks.

Regards,
Eric

are there any reports of people not having base fuel pressure problems?

Bob

I know at least 4 people who can't get their base fuel pressure down with this pump. So for the benefit of all of us, it would be good to figure why it works for some people and not for others.
If you don't mind, what is your exact base fuel psi (engine running), and then what does it drop to with the vac line on? Also, are you running a hotwire, and what is your voltage at idle?

Hopefully we can nail this down, as it's great to have some alternative in-tank pumps for the Buicks.

Regards,
Eric

What regulators are on the cars?

I have seen where kicking on the 2nd pump on a DP set up at idle make 65psi on one car, and make no difference on another.

60's,modded stock regulator here, 43psi ,I am still running the hotwire kit on mine. ZERO issues,I would suggest if your pressure climbs and your running a hotwire kit start by disconnecting it in favor of the stock setup and see what you have then. Next would be to check your vent and return lines. one or the other is partially blocked, weather it be mud bees living in your vent line because you removed the canister years ago... (ask me how I know) or your return line pinched up somewhere. check around the regulator if your car has had it swapped I have seen a few kinked there. If everything is right it will work fine.

Great time, congrats.

What exactly do you mean when you say, modded stock regulator?
Is the return fitting modded or it's a stocker turned into an AFPR?