You can type here any text you want

Gbodyparts Exhaust Didn't Fit!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Devils advocate
If the parts don’t fit as stated/advertised why the restocking fee and no refund on shipping fees.

Yes Brian Tried to do the right thing. And it should be acknowledged as SO.
But
It’s his Car and if he doesn’t want a local muffler Shop touching his car why should he have to do it.

At a glance this looks like
A-The parts don’t fit ok I’ll fix it this way
B-Sorry not interested in that fix
A-the heck with you I offered to fix it my way I have your money and you won’t get all of it back.

Devils advocate
If the parts don’t fit as stated/advertised why the restocking fee and no refund on shipping fees.

Yes Brian Tried to do the right thing. And it should be acknowledged as SO.
But
It’s his Car and if he doesn’t want a local muffler Shop touching his car why should he have to do it.

At a glance this looks like
A-The parts don’t fit ok I’ll fix it this way
B-Sorry not interested in that fix
A-the heck with you I offered to fix it my way I have your money and you won’t get all of it back.

Problem was I was supposed to be called Monday afternoon to discuss what we would do to handle it.It was stated I would call my supplier Monday morning & we would rectify this Monday afternoon.

At this point I do not know if it is screwed up or not. I took HIS WORD it was & MY SUPPLIER took MY WORD.
If you have time to ship it back you have time to make a call.
I agree for the most part but the best thing for me to do at the time was to end the conversation before loosing my patience & saying something I may regret later. If he would of called & stated I would rather send this back & you decide yourself when I ship it back. Then there would have been a refund in shipping up & back & no restocking fee. I also would of had him ship it on my account so there would be no cost to him.
Thanks, Satan.:rolleyes:

satan.jpg

I spent $960 hard earned dollars on the dual 3" stainless exhaust sys. from GBODYPARTS.com, only to take it out of the box and find out the y pipe was not welded,no clamps,and none of the tubing was cut to length! GBODYPARTS.com said it was a manufacturing problem and to take it to a local garage and have them "make it work" and they would re-emburse me. For $960 dollars I don't think I should have to TOW my prestine GN anywere, so I said I was sending it back. The owner of GBODYPARTS.com Brian said he's charging me 20% re-stocking fee and hung up on me!!! GBODYPARTS charged me $125 shipping but it only cost me $52 to ship it back w/insurance!!! I miss ATR!!

I think you need to be on a Board for more than 4 posts b4 you body-slam anyone--especially a good Gbody. There are plenty of prestine GN's around--but the pristine ones are the most valuable. Probably could have had it towed (if really necessary) to exhaust shop for $52 or less--rather than cut off nose to spite face--& then those restocking charges on top:confused:

Brian has served US with so much good stuff/service already for most here to take this attempted Gbody-slam seriously. :smile:

I read this guys post at work before there were any replies, I knew how it was going to go then.... by reading the responses I was balls on:cool: Brian, Mr McCoy said you might be down to his way this weekend to pick some parts up? maybe you should stop by here nad grab all my extra stuff:eek: I actually live 5 minutes off of I-95 on the way, and can help navigate you to his crib, been there a dozen times....

Problem was I was supposed to be called Monday afternoon to discuss what we would do to handle it.It was stated I would call my supplier Monday morning & we would rectify this Monday afternoon.

At this point I do not know if it is screwed up or not. I took HIS WORD it was & MY SUPPLIER took MY WORD.
If you have time to ship it back you have time to make a call.
I agree for the most part but the best thing for me to do at the time was to end the conversation before loosing my patience & saying something I may regret later. If he would of called & stated I would rather send this back & you decide yourself when I ship it back. Then there would have been a refund in shipping up & back & no restocking fee. I also would of had him ship it on my account so there would be no cost to him.
Thanks, Satan.:rolleyes:

And because of answers like this one is why i would make my next purchace from you if you have what i need.

My goal was not to "bash" anybody. Only to share my experiance with others.If It sounded like "bashing", That's because it was a bad experiance! I'm glad others are having good luck with there Gbodyparts purchases! Thanks for all the replies!

Last comment was I'll slam you on the boards, I said have at it. That is when I hung the phone up
Its obvious you haven't dealt with Brian before! He is a great dude and willing to help you out anyway he can. Telling someone you are going to bash them on the board when they are trying to make it right is just wrong and I would have hung up on you to! You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all them time brian! Daniel Ray

My goal was not to "bash" anybody. Only to share my experiance with others.If It sounded like "bashing", That's because it was a bad experiance! I'm glad others are having good luck with there Gbodyparts purchases! Thanks for all the replies!

Sounds like you're trying to now create a new, more positive "spin" on something that initially went down differently and way-wrong... This is not the kind of experience-sharing we look forward to file away in our "2nd hand experience memory banks" for future reference.

Let me now make a prediction of how much valuable assistance you're likely to get (under your current user name of course) from this TB board should you have a real need arise... My guess is you'll need to go out the front door & come back in with a different user name and 'tude.

Oops, my bacon's burning--now see what you've done!:mad:

installing exhaust or /and headers is an artform to say the least,takes alot of patience and know how,experience helps when it comes to lining everything up. take a breather and work it out....good luck

Never, never, never....

Honestly it makes no sense if Brian did completely screw youover to take to the boards. People like him a Cotton have a pretty good rep Even if they do fvck u 10 fold you will come out looking like an idiot. The majority will take the vendors side. For whatever it cost to ship back 125$ thats a cheap headache and easy way to sort out the bs. Could be a lot worse trust me. Yea its frustrating but ya better off to just swallow the whole incident get the most of your $$$ and dont deal w them again only if your desperate.. Change the sn it will come back to haunt you.. laters...Psycho 6....

I bought a Hooker cat back for a lot less and it needed the muffler inlets and outlets expanded to make it fit. I returned the first set and the 2nd system came the same way.
It only cost me $20 to get expanded at a local shop but it was a 2 week process waiting for the system.
Very fustrating and Hooker customer service couldn't care less.
Well.. "Caveat Emptor."

Of all the post like this that I have seen in the past years.....

WOW DUDE, YOU F'ED UP

This forum can kinda be like a dormant hornet nest. Shake the tree and be prepared.

Brian,

You coming this way this weekend?? Do you wanna hook up on this blue car we talked about weeks ago? I just haven't had time lately to make plans to come your way.

K.

BWEAVY profile

corymc,we can all relate to your anger when 900buck are spent and its not perfect.... i sure can, but brian has done right by so may of us in the buick community that you may want to take a breath and call him back. he's one of the good guys..honestly.

I absolutely agree with you here. Brian goes out of his way to make sure a person is satisfided with all purchases from him. I've communicated with him lots of time, and he himself answered all of my questions concerning my Grand National. Never have I've been disappointed in anything I've bought from him. He even took the time to educate me about Grand Nationals. I think the world of this guy. All the things I've bought from him fit just great and worked great. I can't believe a guy, such as Brian Weaver would risk his great reputation by screwing over someone. Something's not right here, but I bet it's Brian who is the right one. He does all he can to care about the people who work/buy from him. You get no negatives from me:) I think he should open a "Grand National/Turbo college" and teach there. I'd be the first to sign up.;)

Honestly it makes no sense if Brian did completely screw youover to take to the boards. People like him a Cotton have a pretty good rep Even if they do fvck u 10 fold you will come out looking like an idiot. The majority will take the vendors side. For whatever it cost to ship back 125$ thats a cheap headache and easy way to sort out the bs. Could be a lot worse trust me. Yea its frustrating but ya better off to just swallow the whole incident get the most of your $$$ and dont deal w them again only if your desperate.. Change the sn it will come back to haunt you.. laters...Psycho 6....

I disagree with you here just because you have a great reputation does not give you the right to screw anyone once in a while.
Each side will have a different view of the situation. The better vendors chose to handle it in a diplomatic way. Threats do not help.It actually pisses us off instead of wanting to help.

Last week I had to ask a customer if I could hang up with her & we could have this conversation in 15 minutes. 10 minutes later I spoke with her husband & I realized it was a communication problem. Easily resolved with cool heads. Long time customer & I valued him even on a $65.00 part.

I got the package back but haven't had a chance to open it up yet.
I will post results. Like most of you said & I have found no exhaust is a snap in piece of cake. Yes EVEN ATR.

I Have Not Done Buisness With Brian Yet But Will Order In Time Fist Things First Exhaust Sucks Nothing Ever Fits Exact So If He Was Willing To Pay For The Install Kudos To Him And You Just Sent It Back Just Because You Felt Like It Maybe Their Should Be A Fee Some Times Listen To Another Opinion These Are For God Sake 20 Year Old Cars

i have been screwed by major vendors here that everyone has nothing but great stuff to say about them. i wont post negative but the vendor could lie trough his teeth and all the Buick community would still believe him (vendor). I am no way condonning the vendor use his rep as leverage but he could. Im not saying this is your practice but when a vendor has a great rep... you cant fight it. Its like fighting city hall.. The worse part of this is when you order through another vendor bc u burned that bridge and find ut that part was comming from there anyways. I now have one main vendor to buy parts and another to tune. i have yet to find all in one... By the way DIRECT FIT = SOME MODIFICATION NEEDED.... I learned thatone the hard way...

I bought a Hooker cat back for a lot less and it needed the muffler inlets and outlets expanded to make it fit. I returned the first set and the 2nd system came the same way.
It only cost me $20 to get expanded at a local shop but it was a 2 week process waiting for the system.
Very fustrating and Hooker customer service couldn't care less.
Well.. "Caveat Emptor."

Hey I should probably pm you but I don't think any worries of hijacking thread. I've installed 2 of those hooker exhaust on 2 of my cars. The pipes aren't going to slide right into the mufflers, their not supposed to, at least easily anyway. You have to heat them (muffler inlets and outlets) up a bit with a propane torch, then the pipes should slide right in. If that still don't do it. take some 100 grit sandpaper and spend about a minute on each inlet/outlet. This is sign of a good quality exhaust in my opinion when clearances are that way for a bolt-on mandrel bent performance exhaust.

i have been screwed by major vendors here that everyone has nothing but great stuff to say about them. i wont post negative but the vendor could lie trough his teeth and all the Buick community would still believe him (vendor). I am no way condonning the vendor use his rep as leverage but he could. Im not saying this is your practice but when a vendor has a great rep... you cant fight it. Its like fighting city hall.. The worse part of this is when you order through another vendor bc u burned that bridge and find ut that part was comming from there anyways. I now have one main vendor to buy parts and another to tune. i have yet to find all in one... By the way DIRECT FIT = SOME MODIFICATION NEEDED.... I learned thatone the hard way...

I have had customers cuss me & I cuss them. 3 months later we e-mail & then call & laugh about it. Only way any one can burn a bridge here is to steal from me or post lies.Try & never burn a bridge you can't rebuild.
I'm always willing after time passes to rebuild. That is just my personality. Everyone has a bad day.

1st step in my opinion e-mail the vendor direct. If e-mails aren't expressing what you have to say then call.
Keep in mind we get alot of calls & e-mails but I'm 1 person. That is why I have a staff.
Try to talk to the same person to resolve the problem not 4 different people in an office about the same problem.
Keep in mind we hire people & they have to learn. If they screw up non stop we fire them. Then we have to retrain.
It's a small business none the less no matter how big the vendor.
Just keep in mind your not dealing with Jegs or Summit. You have a more 1 on 1 abilty but it is hard to please the masses.
We do our best.

Back