You can type here any text you want

Gbodyparts Exhaust Didn't Fit!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
if I didn't have such a good job I'da already be out there filling out a ap, Brian. I'd love to have a job where I worked with these cars everyday. (course I'd probably regret saying that from time to time:D )

Hey I should probably pm you but I don't think any worries of hijacking thread. I've installed 2 of those hooker exhaust on 2 of my cars. The pipes aren't going to slide right into the mufflers, their not supposed to, at least easily anyway. You have to heat them (muffler inlets and outlets) up a bit with a propane torch, then the pipes should slide right in. If that still don't do it. take some 100 grit sandpaper and spend about a minute on each inlet/outlet. This is sign of a good quality exhaust in my opinion when clearances are that way for a bolt-on mandrel bent performance exhaust.

I was severely F'd by a well known Buick vendor in 2002, hit me for more than $5k on a moderate project, went 8 months past when the promise date was and even stole parts from the car!
He took advantage of a serviceman who was stationed 6,ooo miles away and had comfort in knowing I wouldnt show up at his door anytime soon. When I did get the car it needed so much work it was embarassing.
I decided not to post one of these slam bashes because I knew better. The expirence forged my resolve to do as much work myself as possible.
But you need to buy your stuff from someone there is alot of good vendors out there just be patient and understanding with them and take the high road if things go bad! always purchase w/a credit card so you can dispute a wrongful transaction.
ADDING to the hi-jack
That Hooker was also my 2nd system install, my 87 T went smooth as silk--parts fit perfectly.
Exhaust pipes arent supposed to be the same size on a slip-fit system, and if its a pain in the a$$ to install with sand paper and torches what happens if you need to take it apart it to do some work under there? Like I said BTDT.

if I didn't have such a good job I'da already be out there filling out a ap, Brian. I'd love to have a job where I worked with these cars everyday. (course I'd probably regret saying that from time to time:D )

I already have 1 employee who drives 2.5 hours both ways. I'm guessing he must like it if he's willing to do that :eek:
Easy working on some one elses car. Working on your own you have no time.

ADDING to the hi-jack
That Hooker was also my 2nd install, my 87 T went smooth as silk--parts fit perfectly.
Exhaust pipes arent supposed to be the same size on a slip-fit system, and if its a pain in the a$$ to install with sand paper and torches what happens if you need to take it apart it to do some work under there?

Not same size of course, just a really really close fit. I don't see how that would be a problem to take apart, unless the clamps where tightened to tight and creased. My exp with less quality bolt-on exhaust has been too much clearance with the slip fits, causing aggrivation with leaks, etc. Maybe I'm a a little too forgiving. :)

Please dont think that im calling or singling you out Brian. Honestly I have done biz w Gbody parts and the service wasnt that great. but like you said bad days happen. And yes I will do biz when I need it. Hey the way I look at it you got us by the balls (im not saying thats your attitude).... How could we not need a part from you sooner or later. So I wont bash just chalk it up to bad days. You do what you do best, supply parts etc and we'll do what we do best break sh!t.. Sooner or later we (as a community) gotta meet and need each other... Good luck to you and yours Brian, untill we meet again.. lol....

getting back to the original post...

I spent $960 hard earned dollars on the dual 3" stainless exhaust sys. from GBODYPARTS.com, only to take it out of the box and find out the y pipe was not welded,no clamps,and none of the tubing was cut to length! GBODYPARTS.com said it was a manufacturing problem and to take it to a local garage and have them "make it work" and they would re-emburse me. For $960 dollars I don't think I should have to TOW my prestine GN anywere, so I said I was sending it back. The owner of GBODYPARTS.com Brian said he's charging me 20% re-stocking fee and hung up on me!!! GBODYPARTS charged me $125 shipping but it only cost me $52 to ship it back w/insurance!!! I miss ATR!!

20% of almost $960.00 is almost $200.00. That seems way unreasonable for a restocking fee. Also $125.00 for shipping seems a bit high. Especially when he sends it back for less than half that money. I think that rubs people the wrong way. I personally have bought one item from G-body parts over a year ago. When it came in I was expecting a nice piece, but what I got was a junkyard part taken off a junk motor that needed a few minutes on the wire brush side of my bench grinder before it was going on my new build. The price was more than double what I thought it should be. That really left a bad taste in my mouth and I learned my lesson back then and will not buy from them in the future. It seems this is becoming a common theme lately. Something is going to have to change.

Brian i love you man ! :eek:

you sell all the parts that keeps my Buick on the road

20% of almost $960.00 is almost $200.00. That seems way unreasonable for a restocking fee. Also $125.00 for shipping seems a bit high. Especially when he sends it back for less than half that money. I think that rubs people the wrong way. I personally have bought one item from G-body parts over a year ago. When it came in I was expecting a nice piece, but what I got was a junkyard part taken off a junk motor that needed a few minutes on the wire brush side of my bench grinder before it was going on my new build. The price was more than double what I thought it should be. That really left a bad taste in my mouth and I learned my lesson back then and will not buy from them in the future. It seems this is becoming a common theme lately. Something is going to have to change.

Actually you have purchased from me on e-bay. I recognized your user name when you showed up on TB.com.
If you want GM parts that are discontinued you will get them used unless you want to pay a premium. Fuel rails are still available new $650.00. We sell for $65.00. If I would have cleaned it up to mint shape then the prices would be higher. Simple if you hear the price & do not want it do not buy it.

For those of you who missed it in my previous POST:

1st step in my opinion e-mail the vendor direct. If e-mails aren't expressing what you have to say then call.
Keep in mind we get alot of calls & e-mails but I'm 1 person. That is why I have a staff.
Try to talk to the same person to resolve the problem not 4 different people in an office about the same problem.
Keep in mind we hire people & they have to learn. If they screw up non stop we fire them. Then we have to retrain.

You want to change things go in business doing what we do.
There is a reason alot of vendors got out. Joe Harrington,Mike MCCoy Tray Crease,etc...
Do you notice we put our $ back into the business developing new parts for 20+ year old cars?
Did you see the way I was posting 3 months ago burnt out?

I offered a resolution & asked for a simple call.
We will be going thru the package today & go from there.

Please dont think that im calling or singling you out Brian. Honestly I have done biz w Gbody parts and the service wasnt that great. but like you said bad days happen. And yes I will do biz when I need it. Hey the way I look at it you got us by the balls (im not saying thats your attitude).... How could we not need a part from you sooner or later. So I wont bash just chalk it up to bad days. You do what you do best, supply parts etc and we'll do what we do best break sh!t.. Sooner or later we (as a community) gotta meet and need each other... Good luck to you and yours Brian, untill we meet again.. lol....

There are other vendors & there are other customers.
We both need each other to survive.
I do not remember our situation.

I use the vendors unless I can find where they get parts. f-pumps o-sens where the easy ones to find out. Just my 2-cents. The man messed up by bashing. We all do that-just give him a break. God loves us all.

The guy who posted Made a Mistake! Brian sent it out without being 100% sure it was up to snuff. He made a Mistake! WHO HERE NEVER MAKES A MISTAKE???????????
I think he deserves a 2nd chance & I'm sure Brian will accomodate him in the future. Brian has made a mistake before but if you talk to him "NORMAL" then he will usually fix it as best he can. Its not his first or last mistake when running a business (like everyone else that does & ESPECIALLY with Car Guys!!!) but the thread starter probably had a bad day & deserves a 2nd chance like Brian gets from people here & I'm sure Brian will give it to him.
Thats really what being a good vendor truly is!
Not just suppling parts for Picky Anal Car Guys!! Oh, but None of us are like that tho are we?? :)

Bashing

It was 1992 when I purchased my first GN. I think I have dealt with everyone out there. Bashing is not the way to do it - I agree. It would be nice for the G body owners to discuss their dis satisfaction. I agree with Brian that there are ways to handle things.

For the gentleman who made the initial post, my words to you are to wait and see. If you feel you got ripped off - stand in line. At times we all feel that way. From my personal experience, I did not make a post directly to the vendor. In fact they stopped taking my call or responding to my email. (I am talking thousands of dollars too)

Needless to say - I don't have to worry about that vendor anymore. They got what I wished for. It is sad because I still believe they meant well, they just got greedy!.

Fuel rails?

Actually you have purchased from me on e-bay. I recognized your user name when you showed up on TB.com.
If you want GM parts that are discontinued you will get them used unless you want to pay a premium. Fuel rails are still available new $650.00. We sell for $65.00. If I would have cleaned it up to mint shape then the prices would be higher. Simple if you hear the price & do not want it do not buy it.

For those of you who missed it in my previous POST:

1st step in my opinion e-mail the vendor direct. If e-mails aren't expressing what you have to say then call.
Keep in mind we get alot of calls & e-mails but I'm 1 person. That is why I have a staff.
Try to talk to the same person to resolve the problem not 4 different people in an office about the same problem.
Keep in mind we hire people & they have to learn. If they screw up non stop we fire them. Then we have to retrain.

You want to change things go in business doing what we do.
There is a reason alot of vendors got out. Joe Harrington,Mike MCCoy Tray Crease,etc...
Do you notice we put our $ back into the business developing new parts for 20+ year old cars?
Did you see the way I was posting 3 months ago burnt out?

I offered a resolution & asked for a simple call.
We will be going thru the package today & go from there.

My user name on Ebay is not the same as my screen name here on TB, in fact my wife set up my ebay account and used a ball busting name. So I think ur incorrect about my one and only purchase from U. Now it may be possible that a part was purchased and sent to my house for one of my buddys cars since they were trying to hide things from the wives, but theres no crime in that. And believe me if anyone asks me to buy something from U, I feel obligated to inform them of my dealings and what others have posted. Brian its clear to me that u just don't get the customer service "thing". Good luck in ur business.

Enough

Wow, everyone wants to get in the last word, anyway is this over? Can we get back to racing?? Vendor problems will always exist, who cares. We still own one of the best cars ever built. Can I hear an AMEN to that at least?

(I've been ripped off thousands - I got over it ) (I spent 30K plus and didn't get 30K in return maybe half - let it go)

Just my opinion that doesn't matter anyway.

Kelli Cox

My user name on Ebay is not the same as my screen name here on TB, in fact my wife set up my ebay account and used a ball busting name. So I think ur incorrect about my one and only purchase from U. Now it may be possible that a part was purchased and sent to my house for one of my buddys cars since they were trying to hide things from the wives, but theres no crime in that. And believe me if anyone asks me to buy something from U, I feel obligated to inform them of my dealings and what others have posted. Brian its clear to me that u just don't get the customer service "thing". Good luck in ur business.

I gotta tell you I disagree with your post.
Here is my experience with Brian. I was having a trans leak problem. I called and talked to Brian explaining I had tried two gaskets and was still getting a leak. I thought maybe my pan was warped. Brian tells me he has a new deep aluminum pan in stock. He will send it out today. Put the pan on. If it fixes the problem great if not send it back and he will clean it up and sell as used. No charge to me.
I'm pretty sure he gets the customer service "thing". He has a loyal customer in me.

Misunderstanding on user names I guess & no problem if you don't purchase from me. I've never met a person who hasn't had a problem with a vendor.
I guess I'm lucky to have made it on the internet business as long as we have been.

Back to the original post. The Pipes are 2' longer then they are suppose to be.
I will be crediting him back with no restocking fees. Manufacturers best guess their screw up. We will be taking care of it.

G. Price did the pan fix your problem? I was kind of curious. I knew you had spent a ton of $ taking your car all over the place just to have it leak again.
If you didn't call Trans shop in your area that I gave you the # to. They have alot of experience & own quite a few Buicks

I've dealt with Brian several times and have always been satisfied. Even once there was an issue about some wheels I bought but everything was handled with great service and straightened out. Like Brian said a few posts earlier, "everybody has a bad every once in a while"...:rolleyes:
GBodyParts.com=Great Buick vendor!;)

Claude :)

Smells like BS to me. It's always funny how people leave out the small (details) of their story when slamming others. :rolleyes:

Back