You can type here any text you want

Getting new suspension want a nice stance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dwilc47

In a couple weeks I'm going to get new shocks and springs. I've been reading the forum and going to buy bilstein hd shocks on all four corners, was thinking about getting lowering springs eibach prokit, and considering but probably not going to get drop spindles. The car is bouncy and sags in the rear. My intentions are to get a nice racked stance. Will be getting drag radials 275/60/15 in the near future. I am on a budget. Not looking to go crazy just simple mods. I wanna achieve the look without having to get drop spindles.

What I want to know is with just the shocks and lowering springs will I get a nice stance with the front lower and the back higher?
Should I ditch the lowering springs and just get stock replacements? To achieve the look I want?

If I get the look I want with the lowering springs will I rub with the drag radials? I know I won't have a problem with stock springs.

First pic is my car. Second what I want to achieve. Pics are from Godzilla and spoolnfool (I know his suspension set up is totally done up and done right) thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    943.8 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 194
The Bilsteins and eibachs are pretty good for lowering the car about and inch but are a harsh ride. I went with the DSE spring/shock combo before I went to coilovers and the car looked and handled great.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The Bilsteins and eibachs are pretty good for lowering the car about and inch but are a harsh ride. I went with the DSE spring/shock combo before I went to coilovers and the car looked and handled great.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have read that also about the combo I'm thinking of getting. The DSE I hear are good. The 2inch drop front and rear? Did it have a nice racked stance?

Say NO to drop spindles !
The 275/60R15 is a Tall tire. Lowering springs may not be a good choice.

What if I went DSE shocks but the front have the DSE 2 inch drop springs and the rear just get a stock replacement spring? I think this would achieve the nice racked stance I want while keep clearance in the rear for the drag radials.

There's a sticky in this section that should give you just about all the options for brakes and suspension mods. It's called Suspension and brake recipes and it even has some vid links so you can do your own alignment at home.;)

There's a sticky in this section that should give you just about all the options for brakes and suspension mods. It's called Suspension and brake recipes and it even has some vid links so you can do your own alignment at home.;)

Yeah I saw that and it's part of my inspiration. Just trying to see the people who have the combo of shocks and springs I want like to stance and ride quality.

IMO, I would buy the tires you want and install them first. Then you can deal with shocks and springs afterwards. You just might find that lowering the car isn't what you want. The 275/60/15 in the rear are going require a fender roll to keep them from being tore up. That's a 28" tall tire with a good foot print. Get them on the car first and see what space you have to work with, then introduce the springs to give the stance you want, or heat a coil on your factory spring ( if you intend to buy new springs anyways) to test out the ride height you like before buying the spring. That way your not paying twice to get the ride height you desire.

Take it from me. I just did 275 60s and they rubbed. But again my rear body bushings need to be done and prob lower trailing arms. I went w spohns qa1 coilover. Single adjustable. Best money spent. You are able to adjust height as you wish and adjust how hard you want the bumps. Im removing my 275 for a 255 bc it scrapped real bad. After I do body bush n trail arms ill put back on and see where im at. Tomorrow I will be ordering the front coilovers. I drive my car every weekend long trips etc and it rides good. I just love the adjustability bc if you ever want to raise or drop depending on look you can within in a half hour max.

Back