You can type here any text you want

Global West S-69 Rear Spring Install and Results

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Silver Fox

I just installed some Global West S-69 springs (advertised for a 3/4 inch drop) today. I replaced some three year old cargo springs I got from Auto Zone. With the cargo springs, the bottom of the fender was sitting at 27 inches directly above the tire. This height is with some really worn out 255/45/17s on the back.

I have spent a lot of time over the last few years getting the front end height where I like it, which is 26 inches. You can read the story on the front springs here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

Here are the Global West S-69 springs versus the cargo coil springs I took out:

DSC00524.jpg

Once I got the springs installed, I took it for a quick drive and it looks as the back is sitting at 26 inches. I was really hoping for 26.25 inches, but 26 isn't too bad. Here are a few pics of how the car is sitting:

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

I'm happy with how it looks, and the ride with the Global West Springs is tighter and it handles better than with the cargo coil springs.

After I was done with the springs, I also hooked up a B&M Supercooler for my tranny - in preparation for the PTC torque converter I hope to get in next week:

DSC00529-1.jpg

Rob

Rob, car looks much better with those springs in there! Nice car!!!

Rob:
Beautiful car, Rob. Great stance. Mine sits almost identical on 16" GTA's.

Thanks Gary - I think you have a great looking car too (but then I am partial to silver and white TRs).
Throughout life, white seems to have found it's way into my heart. Out of 2 GTX's, 1 a '69 440 & 1 a '68 hemi, both were white, out of 2 vettes, my '86 was white, & out of 5 turbo bricks, 3 (including the one that I have now) were / are white, 1 was an '86 grey, & 1 an '87 GN, black, yuck. A close up pic of 1 of the rear rims would be nice. I've had similiar rims before, not much fun polishing / cleaning around the rivets without wearing / polishing the ends of your fingertips down to a nub. Good luck on that one.

Throughout life, white seems to have found it's way into my heart. Out of 2 GTX's, 1 a '69 440 & 1 a '68 hemi, both were white, out of 2 vettes, my '86 was white, & out of 5 turbo bricks, 3 (including the one that I have now) were / are white, 1 was an '86 grey, & 1 an '87 GN, black, yuck. A close up pic of 1 of the rear rims would be nice. I've had similiar rims before, not much fun polishing / cleaning around the rivets without wearing / polishing the ends of your fingertips down to a nub. Good luck on that one.

Here you go - and for the reason you cite, they are dirty around the rivets. These pictures are from 2006, when I had the car in Germany with me:

DSC_0971-01-1.jpg

DSC_0947-01.jpg

Sounds like you have had some neat MOPARs. I have always wanted a 69 Super Bee myself, but the price has went crazy on them since 2003 or so.

Rob

Rob:
I had a '70 Dodge Challenger T/A, too, but that sucker was that sister ugly plum purple. Very quick cars for a little 340.
I don't know, Rob, I love those rims, but I also love my bank account and my finger tips. I can feel those rivets hurting from my keyboard. You know, Rob, the really bad thing is that there aren't really any great looking rims like those without any rivets or bolts. Nobody, high dollar or low dollar, makes a great looking rim like that without rivets. Car does look outstanding with those rims, especially in silver match color.

Looks awesome. I really dont like the cargo springs in my car. It seems to make the car too rough and I wasnt impressed with the handling. I had them in there for over 2 years. Maybe I should get some of those Global West springs as well.

For those of you that like white. My White T driver:

WhiteT.jpg

Looks awesome. I really dont like the cargo springs in my car. It seems to make the car too rough and I wasnt impressed with the handling. I had them in there for over 2 years. Maybe I should get some of those Global West springs as well.

My White T :

Img0003.jpg

I'd recommend them. Great looking T you have!

Looking at the Global West Spring, it looks like it can still fit an Air bag in it.

Since I take my car to the strip, I would need to retain the air bags. Can you confirm?

Thanks,

Dannyo

Looking at the Global West Spring, it looks like it can still fit an Air bag in it.

Since I take my car to the strip, I would need to retain the air bags. Can you confirm?

Thanks,

Dannyo

Danster - no idea as I don't race mine or have airbags - perhaps someone in the know can chime in.

Thanks,

Dannyo

I was thinking the same thing about the air bags. I dont see why it wouldnt fit. The Global srings are constant rate just like the stockers. The actual circumference of the springs should be the same.

Back