You can type here any text you want

GN Engine builder in Ohio/surrounding states?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JustABuick

I did a search, and uncovered (of course) Weber, which I am considering. I also spoke to a member near Dayton, and he recommended a place called Dayton Crankshaft. Does anyone have any positive/negative experience with these places? Know of any other good ones? I'm taking my time with the build, so I'm not really on a "budget", but would still like to keep the costs as low as possible. I'm just not sure if I need to go as all out as what Weber builds. My goal is a reliable driver, primarily street use, maybe 2 or 3 trips to the track (mid-high 11s) a year.

Thanks, Kelly

Hi Kelly, If you want quality, their is a place in Indiana called DLS Engine Development, quality work but not cheap. 219-956-3653

Dave at Dayton Crank is a good guy to deal with as is Ohio George Montgomery also in Dayton. I have had work done by both , quality people.

I was also wondering about them, I've heard good things. I was only hesitant because of horror stories about builds from smaller shops.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Cant go wrong with Weber...

I've heard a couple bad experiences with weber, probably flukes?

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

You'll hear bad experiences with everyone.. some moreso than others.

You'll hear bad experiences with everyone.. some moreso than others.

Hmmm, well I hope I won't be one of them! I'm fairly set on Dayton Crank or Weber, but I'm going to BPG, and I'll ask around and try to get a general idea of the good and the bad

I recommend Dave to do the machine work on block rods and crank .I use Dave Layer for the heads Head up Racing.Dave Knopp@ Dayton Crank is a machinist he will do a great job on the clearances however i always assemble my own stuff .His shop is not the cleanest and it is very small like walking into the 60s. Ohio George also very good.Oldest running race shop in the USA

I recommend Dave to do the machine work on block rods and crank .I use Dave Layer for the heads Head up Racing.Dave Knopp@ Dayton Crank is a machinist he will do a great job on the clearances however i always assemble my own stuff .His shop is not the cleanest and it is very small like walking into the 60s. Ohio George also very good.Oldest running race shop in the USA

Thanks for the help, where is Ohio George located? I would prefer to have a shop that could do both the machine work and assemble a long block in the same place

Webber....is who i went with.. 700HP Capable Stroker. Best ET so far is 11.00 @ 122MPH @ 19-20 PSI =Street trim. IMHO, cant go wrong with them. Good luck.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back