GN1 R or TA aluminum ported head flow numbers

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
I like talking about this stuff, so it is meant for discussion. I also understand it takes a lot more to build a fast car. So consider it in that context.
i understand.theory can be fun but the hard truth of things are parts usually break when trying to maximize say a turbo.several of us have overspeed compressors to the point of breaking billet wheels.if you want to go fast and last longer a combo that utilizes most of the turbos capability but not all of it is the way to go.there is more to it than just back pressure and alot of guys think thats a bad thing but i have seen some really fast cars with more than 2/1 bp.

Reactions: RUQWKNF

gunzandgearz

gearzandgunz
Aug 24, 2015
mustang oklahoma
Yep 100% about matching the whole combination, decide how fast you want to go and picking all the right parts that match combination is everything turbo included there's guys that have flown with 3to1pressure ratios but sure is nice with these new turbos alo:pt easier to get one to one nowadays

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
the turbine is able to extract much more energy from the exhaust then you are using to pump it(possible to do much better, but you would lose too much turbine response).
if the turbine response is lost its not extracting more from the exhaust its actually less or not enough exhaust to drive the turbine wheel,this is why compression really helps as it get the turbo moving and making power.

Reactions: RUQWKNF

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
Yep 100% about matching the whole combination, decide how fast you want to go and picking all the right parts that match combination is everything turbo included there's guys that have flown with 3to1pressure ratios but sure is nice with these new turbos alo:pt easier to get one to one nowadays
yup:)there are many ways to go fast

gunzandgearz

gearzandgunz
Aug 24, 2015
mustang oklahoma
soon very soon:)the sweepers need to sweep;)
by the way good answer on the turbo compressor map here's some more good food for thought a lot of people think that increasing boost increases ve of the engine when in all reality what's really happening is the v/e doesn't actually change youare just stuffing more air mass into the engine

Mike T

May 3, 2013
It is an opinion on my part, because I certainly do not have the coin to test it all out. I like talking about this stuff, so it is meant for discussion. I also understand it takes a lot more to build a fast car. So consider it in that context.

Nigel I enjoyed the entire post but this portion really hit home for me. Lack of funds is certainly no fun ….ask me how I know:rolleyes:.

I've never had a "lot" of disposable income to spend on the car and honestly that's always bothered me. However there is a silver lining or an upside to being broke, it forces you to learn and make due with whatever parts you can scrape up. I've even salvaged rear main seals just to get back on the road:oops:. Being broke forces you to get out there and do it because you can't pay someone else to do it for you.

In the end you are a much smarter person with experience that money CAN'T buy.

When your "financial ship" does come in you'll be deadly

Reactions: ScottHeidinger

Nigel

Jun 16, 2001
Nassau, NY
Nigel I enjoyed the entire post but this portion really hit home for me. Lack of funds is certainly no fun ….ask me how I know:rolleyes:.

I've never had a "lot" of disposable income to spend on the car and honestly that's always bothered me. However there is a silver lining or an upside to being broke, it forces you to learn and make due with whatever parts you can scrape up. I've even salvaged rear main seals just to get back on the road:oops:. Being broke forces you to get out there and do it because you can't pay someone else to do it for you.

In the end you are a much smarter person with experience that money CAN'T buy.

When your "financial ship" does come in you'll be deadly
Thanks Mike. I'm getting there. I don't mind being on a budget, because I have kids to get through school. Once I have money it means my kids are out on there own and I am old. So it will be a double edge sword. Hopefully in about two months or so I will be back up and running.:)