Got a carb turbo torn apart and

you need both.

the MSD is just going to allow higher boost, while the ESC is just really there to save your ass if serious detonation is happening. however your toast if on the spray and the ESC kicks in..... already tooo late.

A.j.

you need both.

the MSD is just going to allow higher boost, while the ESC is just really there to save your ass if serious detonation is happening. however your toast if on the spray and the ESC kicks in..... already tooo late.

A.j.

I know that Aj. No matter which way I go I'll be using the MSD box and a seperate BTM unit. This way if it fails I just have to replace the BTM and not the whole box.

I know that Aj. No matter which way I go I'll be using the MSD box and a seperate BTM unit. This way if it fails I just have to replace the BTM and not the whole box.

I wouldnt worry about the MSD unit.

I got a buddy at the MSD plant... its a 30 minute drive away... I can have any box repaired for free.

I run the combined unit now...... its been a big help with pushing the RPM limit of that 5 pin.

A.j.

Idid not see any bot keep reminding me and I will ask him been looking for extra pecv valves he saya thers abox of em some where

Idid not see any bot keep reminding me and I will ask him. Been looking for extra pecv valves he saya thers abox of em some where

Do you mean the PEVR valve Mike? I could use one of them as well. I'll keep after you and see what happens. Thanks.:cool:

News is that my welder finished if up thursday. Going to pick it up Monday. Cant wait to see how it looks.

Also got a hold of the owner of the Monte where the motor came from. Said he is going to look for the ESC box. Hope it is still there!

Its done! Welds are nice, little yellow/blue from the aluminization and heat it took to fill the gaps but the beads are nice, small and flush.
picture681.jpg

picture676.jpg

picture677.jpg

picture678.jpg

picture679.jpg

No doubt I'd start mass producing them and in a 3 in version too.
Get that sucker on the car

Looks like a winner to me. Get it on and see how it does. I think you'll notice a much better spool effect with it.

I am kinda thinking about making a few. Need some more tube and a lot more time. The guy that TIG welded it is kinda hard to get a hold of and doesnt do a hole lot of specialty work. Need to get the manifold back on and I am going to take a little drive around. Just too cold to work out side. Needs a new turbo anyways so I am not going to bother doing any turbo porting yet.

That would be a great idea. Get one of the B4Black guys in there and maybe some of the other guys will pay attention to us. Make sure to do a second so you can show everything from start to finish, including how you came up with the idea for the jig.

Pipes on and fits good. Runs into the manifold in the front but that becase I dont have an exhaust system and my muffler hangs off the cat mount. Be way better if I spent some money on a new cat mount.

Turbo spools up faster for sure but the real improvemnt is mid range boost. Gets into the turbo way sooner. Im sure it has way more left in it for flow but the down pipe issue has turned into a bad carb issue.

Carb still has that hesitation and the lean pop when you smash it, obviously the accelerator pump is plugged or something is wrong. The new problem is the lack of RPM building. When the car is WOT it goes to like 3500 RPM and it just stops spinning any faster. Its like sticking it in 2nd gear then going 80% throttle and just driving. Has 6bs but it is running out of air or fuel.

Took the carb off now and am going to take it apart and clean it. Do some mods as outlined in the Q-jet book too. Looks like it will be down for another month. :(

Pushing coolant out of the engine somewhere and the turbo is loose. Not to mention the lifter tic. This thing never ends... :eek:

That's cool dude:cool: I hope you get most of the stuff figured out before the snow is gone! I got the same stuff going on, exhaust manifold leak, radiator leak, a lifter tick, and valve cover gasket leaking on the driver's side, tranny pan gasket. Then I might be able to put a different gas tank in and start tuning:rolleyes:

Turbo spools up faster for sure but the real improvemnt is mid range boost. Gets into the turbo way sooner. Im sure it has way more left in it for flow but the down pipe issue has turned into a bad carb issue.

Carb still has that hesitation and the lean pop when you smash it, obviously the accelerator pump is plugged or something is wrong. The new problem is the lack of RPM building. When the car is WOT it goes to like 3500 RPM and it just stops spinning any faster. Its like sticking it in 2nd gear then going 80% throttle and just driving. Has 6bs but it is running out of air or fuel.

Took the carb off now and am going to take it apart and clean it. Do some mods as outlined in the Q-jet book too. Looks like it will be down for another month. :(

Pushing coolant out of the engine somewhere and the turbo is loose. Not to mention the lifter tic. This thing never ends... :eek:

If you need some help you're welcome to PM me. Sounds like the timing of the secondaries is off slightly. Make sure to read about doing the drill mod on the secondary accelerator pump well. There's also a few other mods that you can do with a drill bit and remove the restrictions to the secondaries. Not hard to do but it does require a complete set of number, letter, and fractional drill bits.