Got a carb turbo torn apart and

I think you should be able to get $200 to $250 for the aluminized ones. Maybe a little less but you need to make an up pipe for it as well. As a combo you may be able to get $350-400 for both, but I'd do it as a one off so you can make them as needed. Looks great and it should help you some with spooling the tubo.

Too bad all this snow has to be on the ground, you could test this thing out when it gets finsihed:cool:

Its not the snow that bugs me, its this cold! Been under 5 for the high. Next week it is soposed to get warmer so I might test it next weekend.

LOL Warmer up there means what? You mean it's gonna get above 10? There's a reason I don't live that north.

Its not the snow that bugs me, its this cold! Been under 5 for the high. Next week it is soposed to get warmer so I might test it next weekend.

Oh man I hear ya. I'm not going to get into the whole day yesterday, I'll give the shorthand. Had to work 3rd shift, stayed over 2 hrs, got to the car to be greeted with a sh!t starter and a leaking FPR:mad:

Call me crazy but if its over 0 its barable to be outside for 10 minutes. When I was putting the DP on it was 5ish out and when I toutched the pipe my hand froze to the thing. Kinda like tongue to a pole. I can last hours properly dressed. 15 is OK to work in. You can use your hands but they get numb and you cant feel anything. 30 is nice and you can work outside with a sweater.

Just want to get this thing out to see how much the new DP has helped!

Well I know that Texas cold isn't the same but the lack of humidity and the wind here make it about the same. It's trying to snow right now so I feel your pain guys.

Got my Doug Roe Q-jet book today. Hopefully I can pull off the carb and fix the sloppy leaking problem and get the choke set right. Rather spend $20 on a book than $250 on a NOS carb off ebay.

Read the book from cover to cover a couple of times so you're familular with everything. I still have mine and use it for reference quite often.

Ihave acess to another turbo quadrajet

Got my Doug Roe Q-jet book today. Hopefully I can pull off the carb and fix the sloppy leaking problem and get the choke set right. Rather spend $20 on a book than $250 on a NOS carb off ebay.
If you need parts or another carb

I'll keep that in mind. There's a 78 lesabre here that my buddy is gonna buy when the snow melts.

I don't really know for sure. I know it might need a turbo from what the owner said. I'm thinking a heavy boat like that would benefit from a newer style turbo 82/83 if it can be put on. My friend and I have discussed it some on what we are going to do first but can't decide. I'm thinking the car would benefit from a 3.08 gear adn a 2200 stall in the 350 trans, or we might just do a OD trans in it down the road. Then there's the upgrade of the heads, manifolds, and intake:rolleyes: THe owner said the car runs, but who knows how long it WOULD run beings I couldn't get the motor to turn:eek:

Just so we don't waste money anywhere, we are going to do mods that are inexpensive and will be able to stick with the car after more seriously modded-like gears, trans, suspension, ALKY, cai, exhaust. It's a heavy car, so it's going to require a quick spool and a stall for sure. There's not many lesabre people on here. I've searched and found a few people but they aren't regulars. If we can get the car to handle well and get it into the 14.0 area for a reasonable amount of cash, I myself would be thrilled. It is in good condition for it's age. His biggest concern about it is it's size and if it would even get up and move. I don't think they weigh much more than a fully equipped regal if I remember right.

have acess to some early turbo stuff know where coplete 78 motor sits and the guy has abunch of stuff

If he's got a turbo control box I need one please Mike.:smile:

I don't really know for sure. I know it might need a turbo from what the owner said. I'm thinking a heavy boat like that would benefit from a newer style turbo 82/83 if it can be put on. My friend and I have discussed it some on what we are going to do first but can't decide. I'm thinking the car would benefit from a 3.08 gear adn a 2200 stall in the 350 trans, or we might just do a OD trans in it down the road. Then there's the upgrade of the heads, manifolds, and intake:rolleyes: THe owner said the car runs, but who knows how long it WOULD run beings I couldn't get the motor to turn:eek:

Just so we don't waste money anywhere, we are going to do mods that are inexpensive and will be able to stick with the car after more seriously modded-like gears, trans, suspension, ALKY, cai, exhaust. It's a heavy car, so it's going to require a quick spool and a stall for sure. There's not many lesabre people on here. I've searched and found a few people but they aren't regulars. If we can get the car to handle well and get it into the 14.0 area for a reasonable amount of cash, I myself would be thrilled. It is in good condition for it's age. His biggest concern about it is it's size and if it would even get up and move. I don't think they weigh much more than a fully equipped regal if I remember right.

I can send the turbo you sold me back Jesse. The 86-87 hot side is much better at producing boost with out restrictions if you want to use it.:biggrin: I can get another later if I need it.

We'll see what happens. He wants to get an sfi car. Maybe he'll learn that with an sfi car you have to have gobs of money cuz those suckers are greedy;) I'll keep it in mind charlie. Gotta wait for him to make up his mind first and get over the fact it's a land barge and not a regal. Not a whole lot of lesabres around so I think it would be one to pick up. It's in nice enough shape I'd use it to go cruisin in but I myself don't care what a car is as long as it's clean.

hey why not use an msd box? DO you have a plan for the stock esc also?:confused:

I've got the turbo control box off the 81 and a distributor off the 78-79 but I've been debating on whether to use the puter controls or do the same thing Aj's been doing. Go with the 6AL BTM box with the low tech aproach.

I've always went with this. If I got it, just as well use it. If I don't, it's time to upgrade. I've read you can get to 13-14 lbs of boost just with the msd box because of the quicker and more accurate timing retard.

Well I've got everything to run the puter or not but I don't have the MSD box yet. I'll decide when I get it to the running point Jesse. I'm still in limbo right now though.