You can type here any text you want

Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks Mike. I saved the pics for later. I finally got all the oil out of the valve you sent me btw. How the heck did you get that much in it?Thats why I sent you the valve Charlie knew you figure out a mechanical solution. I dont want electonics adapted for a powervalve. Mike

]

Put the MSD box on this weekend. Conclusion- MSD Box=Good Also found out that even though the secondary lock out was fixed it still didnt release. Now I actally have secondaries. Conclusion 2- Secondaries=Good

Its significantly faster now. Now that the ignition is solved it doesnt pop at low RPM's and it doenst knock at boost. Also found 3 more PSI with the secondaries fixed. Now the problem is, I am pumping blue smoke out when I let off. New turbo time! Need a new EGR as I realized the diphram is busted.

Think I have uncovered a trans issue now. Sometimes it kicks down, sometimes it doesnt. When I smash it it will kick down but if I let into it a little slower it wont kick down.

The best part is now you can hear the turbo. Got that slight whine in the exhaust. And thats WITH a flowmaster! Cant wait to see what it will do with a K&N filter and a 4spd with some 3.42's in the back.

Put the MSD box on this weekend. Conclusion- MSD Box=Good Also found out that even though the secondary lock out was fixed it still didnt release. Now I actally have secondaries. Conclusion 2- Secondaries=Good

Its significantly faster now. Now that the ignition is solved it doesnt pop at low RPM's and it doenst knock at boost. Also found 3 more PSI with the secondaries fixed. Now the problem is, I am pumping blue smoke out when I let off. New turbo time! Need a new EGR as I realized the diphram is busted.

Think I have uncovered a trans issue now. Sometimes it kicks down, sometimes it doesnt. When I smash it it will kick down but if I let into it a little slower it wont kick down.

The best part is now you can hear the turbo. Got that slight whine in the exhaust. And thats WITH a flowmaster! Cant wait to see what it will do with a K&N filter and a 4spd with some 3.42's in the back.
wow! will it do a burn out?

G pop shop has the rebuild kit for around $100 plus shipping. Glad to here it's working better now.

I was going to get a 83 turbo from AJ. Should spool quicker.

It will squeel a tire at 0 PSI, where it never did at 3 PSI before. But burnout, no. Id need a linelock and some normal rear gears. Need a trans before than though.

Even though free is a great deal, 4.10s are way to high for me.

I was going to get a 83 turbo from AJ. Should spool quicker.

It will squeel a tire at 0 PSI, where it never did at 3 PSI before. But burnout, no. Id need a linelock and some normal rear gears. Need a trans before than though.

Even though free is a great deal, 4.10s are way to high for me.
Change the cam my car fries em off it only has 240s in the rear.

i will take them. if he doesnt want them

Promised them toA.J. if mn carb turbo did not want them sorry he has been helping me out lately with some stuff. but if I go to 370s I will have a set of 342s will keep you in mind. Mike

By the way Matt get your car out want to know what your convertor actually stalls at. Thanks Mike

Promised them toA.J. if mn carb turbo did not want them sorry he has been helping me out lately with some stuff. but if I go to 370s I will have a set of 342s will keep you in mind. Mike
ok
By the way Matt get your car out want to know what your convertor actually stalls at. Thanks Mike
i will be soon

Get one that at least stalls about 2200 Mike. This should give you the best launch as well as keep your mileage in check.

The 80 Monte is actually a guys project and not for sale. His plan is to drop a 350 chev into it.

damn if i would have known you were in town, right about the time you started this i sold off my complete 87 turbo setup for about what you have into yours, just needed a cheap rebuild. If your gonna rebuild a turbo i have a stock 87 sitting around that could go on there i would just have to machine the housings for you

damn if i would have known you were in town, right about the time you started this i sold off my complete 87 turbo setup for about what you have into yours, just needed a cheap rebuild. If your gonna rebuild a turbo i have a stock 87 sitting around that could go on there i would just have to machine the housings for you

you can machine housings?

A.j.

Hey AJ, did you get my PM on here? Kinda wondering what the status of the turbo is. Still need your adress.

ITSNOTAGN- What do you want for the turbo? When I get my turbo in from AJ I was going to try to see if I can put the hotside housing and wheel onto the CT turbo and get the boost side machined so the 87 wheel fits into the CT housing.

Back