Got My New TE-45A Installed!

turbocody

GOT BOOST!
and damn does it haul ass!! i changed the turbo, new precision doghouse plenum, and removed my rjc plate and at 21psi it fells hella stronger than my old TA-49 at 25psi! so far i am very impressed with this turbo. i compared it to a buddys pt-54 and it makes that turbo look like a stocker :eek: btw, i did 21psi on straight 93pump with 0 knock pulling in 3rd gear, timing is around 19* i believe. i can't wait to go to the track

What converter are you running? I have been hinking about a 45 for a year but I am concerned that I don't have enough stall {3200}

Damn son your going all out aren't you! I heard nothing but good things about that turbo. What trans did you end up putting back on the car?

Dannyo

it's the same tranny(2nd gear band slipping) thats why i did a 3rd gear pull. and it goes in the shop today for the rebuild. the converter is a restalled d5 that stalls around 3100 at 10psi or so. but it spools this 45A AWSOME! i thought it was going to be a dog but damn it's almost as fast as my stocker was!! i have a billet 10" L/U 3200-3300 stall ready to go in with the tranny so that will help alittle more on spool, but i think i can get away with a lesser stall because i have stock unported heads....which make awsome low end torque and i think it has something to do with that.....but i could be wrong.

I just got one too and can't wait to try it. 3500 stall 9" w\th-400. Ported heads and intake and decent flat tappet cam. Hope mine works like yours. I just put up a thread because im havin break in trouble. :(

turbocody said:
i have a billet 10" L/U 3200-3300 stall ready to go in with the tranny so that will help alittle more on spool, but i think i can get away with a lesser stall because i have stock unported heads....which make awsome low end torque and i think it has something to do with that.....but i could be wrong.

Are you running a bone stock long block?
The 45a is going to be my next upgrade but I'll be running it on a stock long block until I can afford to go through the motor and port the heads ect...

yes, i'm running a bone stock longblock with upgraded springs and roller timing chain. i think the precision te63-te64 is about equal. but this turbo is suppose to be more efficient on high boost 25+psi

Alrighty then!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just bought a Te-45a too an have yet to put it on car since just got the motor in it. But ran it on buddys car an this turbo screams :eek: . Had it up to 26 lbs an it was pretty nice.. One thing I noticed about it was the hi pitch whistle it has. I think its got something to do with the way the impellar blades are razor sharp on the edges. Never seen this before on a turbo. Anyways its going to be in with a 218/218- .30 Je -fully ported headsan intake, girdle, 72's, with precision 70 upper an matching 70 tb, with a built century tranny an a 3200 9-11. an a CAS FM. Can't wait to see what it will do on 30 lbs!!!!!! :smile:

sounds like you have a good combo going there....should run damn fast. i will be putting in a 3200 stall as well next week with the new tranny. 3200 is all i will need with the transbrake, i will get to the track next weekend hopefully

45As kick a__

We were running a 45a on my friends t type it ran 10.60s with the following. hand Ported stock heads with 1.77 Ferra valvs,hand ported intake,214-206cam 50#inj. REDs 108 chip, Easton front mount ,stock TB ,RJC pp under stock plenim ,stock manifolds (rewelded)agan . The trans is TH350 ,3500 stall,one pass. side air bag 28-10.5 x15MT slicks everything elce is stock. Now I said that to say this and to compair apples to apples. You cant allways trust the seat of the pants filling when your nailing your HOT ROD. We just sold a 69 camaro with 412sbc 200hp nos that ran 10.70 and just bought a GN that runs 12.14s (now) but i would have bet money the GN could have ran with the 69 just because of how strong these cars pin you in the seat.I said that to say this and i am getting to point. We removed the RJC pp and stock plenim for a Himco race plenim. Oh yah shes pulling harder know at 18psi than at 23 before but did not get to try it at the track so we cant say if it went faster thats a bummer.Now we put a LT70 on and it fills like it slowed down.A hole new bummer. With out track testing your just guessing. :confused:

The TE45a works fine on a stock long block as long as you have enough converter which IMHO is 3400+. It loves high boost! You need to run it up to be able to get air thru the (restrictive) stock heads.

Jim

Glad to hear all the good feedback on the 45a. Just ordered one from Limit and am looking forward to getting it. Stock block, forged slugs, going from a te44 and stock unported heads to the 45a and a set of Champion irons, ME-R, and alky. :eek: Also Cotton's front mount :D Trying to get into low 11's......think with a decent tune I can do it? Anyone?? BTW 3200 pro-torque 10" and CK stage2. ;)