You can type here any text you want

Grand National at E-Town with Larger Factory Rims--Whos car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboRegal84

Staff member
This past weekend at the Hemmings car show at Englishtown (NJ) there was a 1987 GN with larger factory rims. If I remember correctly the car had very low miles on it and was exceptionally clean. Does it belong to a board member? Can you give us more info on the wheels?

Attachments

• Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 826
  • Picture 052.jpg
    Picture 052.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 758
  • Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 768
I also noticed that car yesterday at E-Town and the wheels were 17"s...There was a tech sheet describing the car's features inside one of the car's windows, and on it was a mention about the car having special 17" GN wheels. I didn't speak with the owner though, so that's all I know.:redface:

Claude. :smile:

P.S: I personnally found that the tires should've been a little bit taller...It left too much space between the tires and the wheel opening...

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Finally. Looks like they cut the rim, added a circular 1-2" spacer portion, and then added the rest of a 17' rim. Looks pretty damn good. Post more pictures and does anyone have the plate number? We'll find him:eek::D

i spoke to him.. he told me he had them done 6 years ago from a place in california. but hw was unhappy with the job when he got them. the welding was terrible so he had his brother fix them and then had them rechromed. i thought they looked amazing.....17" 275 out back and 245 front.

I hate to say this.....but those look better than the aluminum wheels.

I hate to say this.....but those look better than the aluminum wheels.

Mmmm...no. Even if these 17" steel GN rims look great, I still prefer the aluminium ones. I find that the center piece looks out of proportion, being too small and it also creates a too wide chromed outer rim section as if the center piece had been fitted in a chromed "funnel"...:rolleyes:

Claude. :redface:

Last year there was a set of 16s for sale here on the board stockton wheel had put them in a steped 16in barrel. Suprizingly know one bit on them here and they ended up going to ebay.

Mmmm...no.

Claude. :redface:

I'm sorry, did that appear like I was telling you to like them more than the aluminum wheel?

Let me rephrase that....I THINK they look better than the aluminum rim. So far the attempts at the aluminum version have been "close" at best, not dead on.

As far as the weight goes....12 years of public school would indicate that they are heavier.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, did that appear like I was telling you to like them more than the aluminum wheel?

Let me rephrase that....I THINK they look better than the aluminum rim. So far the attempts at the aluminum version have been "close" at best, not dead on.

:rolleyes:

No that's ok...I wasn't thinking that...I just meant that after having seen these steel 17" wheels, I'd probably like the aluminium ones better, even if they're not "dead on", but that's just me.:redface: Also the weight is something to take into consideration!

Claude. :wink:

Back