GT6131e and converter stall?

92GNZ28

Buying a GT6131e and just checking on what would be the best stall to run with it. Leaning towards a PTC 3200 L/U. Is that too much or just right? Want a nice high boost launch.

So how many lbs can you hold at the line with the 2800? I'm sure it won't need alot, i've heard these spool pretty well. I can't find a 10" 3000 stall converter, which one did u use?

The 2800 will be plenty for a 61mm. If you really wanted some extra rpm I can do a little extra work to the stator to get 3000.......but 2800 will be enough.

The dude above this post knows what he is talking about.

Dusty I am going to PM you. I need a converter pretty soon.

So how many lbs can you hold at the line with the 2800? I'm sure it won't need alot, i've heard these spool pretty well. I can't find a 10" 3000 stall converter, which one did u use?

That will depend alot on your brakes and how well they work. I would see 5# being easy to accomplish with a good brake system. It'll come on quick from there.

You wont be disappointed at all. I have the 6152 with a ptc 2800. I love it! In fact Dusty originally set it up at 3200, and after the first trip to the track decided to bring it back to 2800. All I can say is WOW!:eek: Different car completely, you will just love that setup on the street, and the track! Let us know what you think after you install it!

That will depend alot on your brakes and how well they work. I would see 5# being easy to accomplish with a good brake system. It'll come on quick from there.

I have no problem holding 10, but I start to push from there. This year I am trying to address the 60' times on the car. as far as the brakes go, I have fresh pads and rotors upfront. New drums, s10 cylinders, and the 2 long shoes out back. I already have umi solid lowers, umi double adjustable uppers, and atr sway bar. This winter I am adding hydroboost, and relocating the rear upper control arm location. I would like to come out abit higher and get it to hook. My wife already promised me M/T drag radials for my birthday and I am hopping with all of that I should be able to net low 1.60's or better high 1.50's. I just got a wideband so my tune is getting better and better everytime I go out. So I am confident I should see some low 11's before the year is out. :biggrin:

I have a 6131 and a 3,000 stall. With the rear brakes done right I can get 4 lbs. on the foot brake.

-Will

Sorry guy's, I'm a little late on this thread, I'm not on the computer much. I'm running this turbo with a Edge Racing converter(2800) and I've gone 11.44@115.69 with a 7.25 1/8 time. Most of my racing is on 1/8 mile tracks the best 1/8 mile et is 7.12@96, this was with #24 boost. There is plenty more power left in this turbo, right now it is destroying my 8.5x26 slicks. Best 60' is 1.57 with UMI lower control arms and 1.59 with a totally stock suspension. With my stock size street tires this car gets pretty crazy on the street. When this turbo hits #6-8 boost it will spool really fast.......