Guess my times?

The track opens on April 9th and I'm still finishing up my minor restoration on my 85 T. With this in mind I will definitely get a few chances to take it to the track. Some of you may remember what parts I have on the car, and some dont. So I will go over everything that has been done performance wise. I know what I think it will run, but a few people think i'm crazy haha. Well I am crazy but we all need to be for racing hot airs :cool:

3in Intake
86-87 Maf
86-87 Ecu with TT chip
E85 conversion
Walbro pump and 60#injectors
Summit 50/50 90/10 shocks
Missing Front sway bar mod
Drag Bags
A/C delete
3.5in downpipe
AEM water methanol injection
Special Turbo :)

........So I will go over everything that has been done performance wise. I know what I think it will run, but a few people think i'm crazy haha. ......

Don’t take this the wrong way, but these threads at times turn sour because people get their feelings hurt by the “guesses” based on assumptions we all have to make. :redface:
Compounding the potential error bandwidth with the guestemates is the lack of real life performance data for the HA cars. :frown:

Now, if you still want us to guess :tongue:, tell us what boost/rpm/converter/tires/rear end/ambient/etc, and based on our “Ass-U-M-ptions”, we can take a “guess” on what we think it “should run”. ;)

Maybe tell us what "you" think it will run and we can see how far we are off. :eek:

Ok, Going a little in the blind here I'll be the first to guess a time. I'd say 14 flat and hope I'm way high. Good luck at the track and don't break anything.:cool:

I'll go out on a limb and say 12.00. Post back so we know.:D

Times

Being that it already ran high 13's before any of the added mods and special turbo I'm gonna say with proper tuning you'll hit mid to high 12's with good traction. You need to have at least 100 more hp to make the cut. 10hp= 0.1 sec. Think you added that much? Remember the post below?

HEHEHEHE great news guys. Threw in the 160tstat, and stagemonster's 26x11.50 15 slicks. It was in the 90's for the first to passes but still managed a 14.3 and 14.6...both at 91mph. These were made with 5psi-7psi boost launches. Then we decided to turn up boost alil. Next run it was at 16.5psi holding steady throughout the run. Left on 10psi and pulled a 1.9 sixty foot and ran a 14.05 at 94mph. Tried alil more boost on the launch for the next one and ran a 13.95 at 94mph. Last run only got up to 10psi on launch and ran another 14.07 at 95mph.

Real world data

In case you were wondering about real world data;

My old set-up (GF driving) passed the line at 4800 rpm with a completely mismatched combo.

It was a 100F track day, with ported intake, port matched heads, no other porting done. :mad:
Running alky injection, 3750 race weight, 101 mph, street tires.
She saw the knock gage, peddled it, short shifted first and second and hammered it right before the 1/8.
IAT’s were around 120F, 17deg timing, TT 6.0, TA33, pump gas, blah blah. :eek:

Next time out the same combo, she ran 107 at the same 19 PSI.
That run did not get recorded. :mad:

The car now has a better matched combo with ported heads.

yup stock from the intake manifold all the way down. including headers.

oh and umm its on 26-28psi
and i was thinking a 12.00 run is probably in it. shes pretty quick now.
turbo is a stock looking 58 compressor, 60 exhaust... so i was told when i bought it.

Well this certainly makes a difference, you at least need the passenger side header. But again, I think you can still make it into the 12's if you can get at least 101-103 mph in the quarter if you stick the 60ft. you will need at least a 1.7xx 60ft.

oh and umm its on 26-28psi
and i was thinking a 12.00 run is probably in it. shes pretty quick now.
turbo is a stock looking 58 compressor, 60 exhaust... so i was told when i bought it.

That's a bit of boost...

Are you running straight methanol?

What are you using to tune?

I'm interested to see how it runs with a stock topend. I think it's got a 12 in it if it's tuned right and you can leave hard. Stock convertor?

yup still stock converter. using a TurboTweak chip thats adjustable. And yes I spray straight methanol. Track opens soon. Can't wait to see how it goes. All I know is that it pulls very strongly up top.