guys not using the PCV

Yes. Plugged off PCV and run 2 open breathers with no restrictions inside the grommets.

pcv blocked, haven't noticed any smoke at idle, Lord knows the hood has been open enough at idle!

That's my plan when I ever have the intake off. This car has 125k miles and has stock headgaskets on it. Lol...I don't plan on cracking the seal just because. You know. lol

Mine has a light vapor coming from the breathers at idle. I left the PCV in the manifold and just capped it off, and capped off the vacuum port. Zip tied the one on the port to keep it from popping off under boost.

You can expect to smell the blowby when you're driving. At least to some degree.

IMO it's really not wise remove the pcv on a street driven car. It will do more harm than good. You be surprised how it removes contamination that would otherwise be deposited into the oil.

RL

IMO it's really not wise remove the pcv on a street driven car. It will do more harm than good. You be surprised how it removes contamination that would otherwise be deposited into the oil.

RL
I think that is the key question; What is the intended use of the car?

Paging Grumpy! :D
You run a PCV on your cars?

Edit;
The question was not about "PCV" or "no PCV" but about plugging the PCV. :(
In that case . . . . . JB weld the the nipple, and put the hose back on.

Just chiming in, but I have ran a PVC in my car for rears. The extras smoke coming from the valve covers was from my chip. I changed chip to TT and that ended the smokin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Paging Grumpy! :D
You run a PCV on your cars?

Ya I am lurking an watching the thread to read all the "opinions" :p Ever see what an engine looks like (street car thats DRIVEN) inside ?? Had a customer who plugged his off. Blew a headgasket. Took it apart an what a mess !!! Under the intake was a layer of white slimy oil. Nuff said BUT hey if thats what ya want to do then just do it !! :D

Ya I am lurking an watching the thread to read all the "opinions" :p Ever see what an engine looks like (street car thats DRIVEN) inside ?? Had a customer who plugged his off. Blew a headgasket. Took it apart an what a mess !!! Under the intake was a layer of white slimy oil. Nuff said BUT hey if thats what ya want to do then just do it !! :D

Before you posted, I was going to see if anyone wanted to hold a wager.

You guy's all do what you want. If you want plug it find a bolt to fit the hole and jam it in. Done.....

RL

i supose im not 80 years old and full of experiance but i am a qualified electronic mechanical engineer for canadian forces land vehicles
and to my knowledge i do not se a benifit from removing pcv only bad why mess with something that works just change the pcv every year
now removing the egr on the other hand would be much give you much more benifites i