Have the Billet turbos lived up to the hype yet?

The hype died in May of this year via AMS, the info you want is only going to be answered by maybe 30 GN members and no vendors. You'll probably want to look on Supra forums and Evo forums for billet turbo info with comparisons.
New GT35 Killer Turbo - GT850R - evolutionm.net

You don't compare a 67/76 to a billet 67/65, it's an absolute slaughter.

We are putting out real numbers... We have baselined 2 cars. Both iron headed motors that have been worked.

One with a gtq71 made less at 25-26psi ( I think will have to verify) made less than a comparable set up with the New BB 67 at only 22psi. We could not get the boost any higher due to W/G setup... THERE IS A DIFFERNCE! It is common knowledge that the new BB stuff doesn't even start working that hard to 30+psi!

If you already went 121 then you should have an 11.0-10.95 car. Id look into the suspension or plan on being disappointed.

60ft was 1.65. The Turbo TAs brakes do not hold good boost. And the car picked up 25-26 on the back end. Suspension is just fine. Holding boost at the line is another thing. :biggrin: The MPH is high compared to ET since I am locking a Vigilanate. As a comparison my GN trapped at 126 but only ran a 10.87. I cut a 1.52 60ft on that run. The locked vigilantes increase the MPH more than ET. Just to give you an idea. I pick up 1.5 tenth/ 4 MPH by locking it.

But all things being equal the 6262 is quite a bit bigger than the GT32. So I would hope there would be a noticable gain. I knew going into this that this would be a gamble since I have not seen any real numbers being posted up. Everyone says of the new Billets "the turbo is awesome" "car feels way faster" But no track times. So I decided to test it myself. :biggrin:

We are putting out real numbers... We have baselined 2 cars. Both iron headed motors that have been worked.

One with a gtq71 made less at 25-26psi ( I think will have to verify) made less than a comparable set up with the New BB 67 at only 22psi!
That gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling....:biggrin: