You can type here any text you want

Head gasket suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Harleyreb1

I popped a head gasket on my 87 t-type(stock turbo, Stock Intercooler, Meth 23 psi) this weekend. The car only has 12k miles on it and the head gaskets were stock. What should I replace them with?? My thoughts are ARP studs, Cometic gaskets, and while I'm in there port and polish the heads and maybe slide a little cam in there??/ Ideas??

Depends on how much money you want to spend and what your goals are. The last time I meant to replace an innocent set of head gaskets, after everything was said and done I had a roller cam, intercooler, larger turbo, meth, new torque converter, champion irons, etc. Boost addiction seems to grow exponentially.

For hardware, definatley go with either ARP studs or ARP bolts. I only have experience with stock style, but I think I will give RJC head gaskets a try next.

Thanks, RJC and stock GM seem to be in the lead. No new turbo at this time but will more than likely do a dutt neck.

I would say stock gasket, port the heads and upgrade the springs.

I would hold off on the cam and just check the pushrod length..

Back