You can type here any text you want

HeadGasket ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

snipersixx

Hey guy's have a question is it possible to hurt the mls gaskets and still be able hold water and not leak water into oil. It seems I've keep hurting alot of hoses first heater core started leaking, then heater by pass plug blows apart. now upper radiator hose ripped open. Can a blown headgasket do this. :(

Possible......

if your lifting the head or the gasket was/is damaged. The plugs should be able to tell you.

Hey guy's have a question is it possible to hurt the mls gaskets and still be able hold water and not leak water into oil. It seems I've keep hurting alot of hoses first heater core started leaking, then heater by pass plug blows apart. now upper radiator hose ripped open. Can a blown headgasket do this. :(

take a look a the plugs like stated above, how much boost are you running, make sure you have good gas or alky if running higher than stock boost, sounds like lifting HG or maybe a crack blocked into the water jackets or maybe even a crack on the heads leading into the water runners will cause your cooling system to pressurize this in term will blow hoses and cause different problems, good luck..

If you are running GN1 heads..................check them for cracks. Early versions cracked around the head bolt holes at each end (under the valve cover) Some cracked on the external face, and some crack between the spark plug hole and valve seat. If you are making big power and lifting the heads, then pressure will enter the cooling system and cause all kinds of problems. Detonation is the usual cause of head lifting, though. 10.46 on pump gas and Alky is makin' some power.:eek: Detonation might be the cause of all your problems, though. (It usually is)

If you are running GN1 heads..................check them for cracks. Early versions cracked around the head bolt holes at each end (under the valve cover) Some cracked on the external face, and some crack between the spark plug hole and valve seat. If you are making big power and lifting the heads, then pressure will enter the cooling system and cause all kinds of problems. Detonation is the usual cause of head lifting, though. 10.46 on pump gas and Alky is makin' some power.:eek: Detonation might be the cause of all your problems, though. (It usually is)

Thanks for the replys guys, I'm running champion iron heads with head studs. Has anyone ever hurt there cometic headgaskets? Spark plugs look fine. Can a hurt headgasket leak only under high boost and cause hoses to blow?

Well I pulled the heads off and found my answer 3 different areas of the headgasket were cracked around the inside lip. Also one of the gaskets looked like it had been taken off twisted around and then put back on. Looked like a spring :eek:

One other thing not sure if this normal for these gaskets but around some of the area between cyclinders. they lost there black finish. Looked like they were polished. Still can't complan they lasted longer than any other gaskets I've had 2 years. :biggrin:

Ok!......

Don't forget to take a straight edge and check the heads and block surfaces for straightness.:)

Back