You can type here any text you want

Heads champion or ta ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
building a driver not a track car curious whats everyones opinion which head is better out of the box ta street intimidators or champions ? 20 over stroker not sure on the turbo yet and i would like to make 600-650 to the rears

If you're building a driver why does it even matter. Both will be way more then you need. A set of irons will be more the sufficient.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying you don't need aluminum heads to meet your desired goal.

Not like that at all.
I recently had an experience and I shared it. Apparently I'm not the only one, so I gave an honest answer. I did the op a favor.
Anything else you wanna know?

I have tried emailing and calling champion with no luck. TA will get the next opportunity at my $$

my next set will be TA but both have been proven to go really fast. shit plenty have gone low 9's with irons.

Not like that at all.
I recently had an experience and I shared it. Apparently I'm not the only one, so I gave an honest answer. I did the op a favor.
Anything else you wanna know?

Nope, you have yourself a nice night.

I do not have a set of Mike's heads on my car, (yet :D) and neither do you, so neither of us can speak from experience about the performance of TA heads.

Bear in mind, the performance of the heads was what the OP asked about in his post.

I know Mike from TA personally and have what I would call pretty good relationship with him. I know he's a stand up guy and he sells great products. He works really hard at his business.

I do not personally know Tom from Champion but I have a set of his irons on my car and they certainly assist in the car running like a scalded dog, and he worked closely with my builder to achieve that goal. That makes him a stand up guy in my book. He also works really hard at his business and sells great products.

Not many people out there are doing anything for our beloved little cars anymore.

It's something to consider.

That is all.

Last edited:
Double post, sorry.

Last edited:
I know the irons will perform well I was just thinking there are a couple of improvements made in the castings of the aluminums so instead of paying that price for some reworked stocks I should put a LITTLE more with it and get the best

iron heads can make a lot of power more than what you wish to make.
x2 unless you wanna go 750/850 hp max effort build iron heads are plenty , and going 9's with irons , has been done as well at those power levels , I'm sure

Back