Hello From Hemet, CA

86GN5.3

My name is Scott and I am from Hemet, CA. I have owned my 86 GN for about 7 years now w/ most of it being parked in a garage awaiting restoration. I kept pushing it aside because I was intimidated by my own goals for the car when I really should have been just trying to enjoy it. I bought the car at 18 with it already heavily modded (big mistake). It ran 11's and without me doing any of the mods myself and being a novice still I had the I want to run 8's mentality without even running 10's yet and that made what I wanted to do to the car unrealistic. So at 19 I started as a GM technician and just put the car aside and kept buying other toys and projects mainly because I did not have a garage to do the major work the car needed. Anyways now that I am older, a little smarter and am comfortable doing anything I can imagine with the car my build begins. Since I started as a technician so recently I have been spoiled with obd-2 and all the newer GM stuff so I decided it logically makes sense for me to put a gen iv engine into the GN. I am starting my build thread in the turbo v8 conversion section so it will have pics of the build as soon as I can post them.

Now that your an old fart, like the rest of us.:D What are your performance goals for the car?

Oh yea...

Welcome to the site.

Mike Barnard

way out in hemet?

wow, thats the boonies!
I live in Nuevo, LOL
welcome ! lots of info here,
keep reading! ha ha ha
theres a few of that live way out this way.