You can type here any text you want

Help with MAFT Pro install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostmaster

I'm just getting around to installing a MAFT Pro system I bought about a year ago and got some questions on the install. On the 10 pin connector where do wires 6) brown wire and 7) gray wire go to on the ECM connector? Both wires say voltage signal output #1 & #2, but I see no such reference on the wiring diagram. Also how do I reset the unit back to factory setting so I can config the unit the way I want it?

Thanks, Pete

We need more information, what chip are you using? ALso maybe post this in the computer chips section would be a better idea.

Dont worry about those wires right now, they are for timing control and datalogging o2 correction with a power logger when using the wideband with a full throttle chip. To reset the unit hold the two right buttons down at once during power up for 10 seconds, or unit the reset message comes up. Once the car is running you will want to set the main scale first if its too rich or lean. :Leave it in straight translator mode, and make sure the a/f tracking gain is set to 0.0 for both PTT and WOT tracking

What Norbs said......

BTW you wont have any timing control until such time as you upgrade to the Extender Pro chip. When you do the brown wire would need to be connected for timing control IAW the drawing I attached.

Attachments

Thanks for all the input I have an extender chip I just want to get the base line set up done and run it first before I install it and start finaggleing things around. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time comes around.

Thanks again, Pete

what chip do you have

To use an LT1 MAF, make sure you set the Prescale jumper inside the unit to ON

Set the unit for "translator mode" in the airflow mode setting.

Set the F in mode to match the MAF, the F out mode to match the chip.

The rest should be ok on the default settings.

Post back what software version is in the unit.

Bob

Chip Info

Right now I'm running a Turbo Tweak chip to get started. But I have a MAFT Pro chip no. PS0X7B1F that I will install later when I go mafless. Now I don't know what catagory that chip fits in, is it extender extreme or just extender? Ok I opened the box and did not see any dip switches to flip on or off but I did see 2 small dials. I could not see how or where they should be adjusted and to be honest with you I turned them both and do not remember where they should be set. I know I probably screwed up. So now I need to get those dials fixed on the right setting and get the prescaler set.

Thanks, Pete

It's basically a Extender Extreme chip. You would be much better off putting that in. You can still use the maf.

Not a dip your looking for, it's a black jumper.;)

the Pro chip is an "extreme", so you would set the unit appropriately.

The adjustments you changed are for the power supply calibration. You need to use an accurate voltmeter and get them reset. The one nearest the edge is for the 5 volt, measure at the metal tab of the regulator. The other one is for the 2.5v, which you measure at the test point on the circuit board nearby.

The jumper is at the other end of the unit.

Bob

Man I found the prescaler switches, I guess I need glasses or it was too dark in the garage last night. Anyhow to turn the prescaler or off which position should the little cap thing be in. Current it sits over the 2 pins that say off with the single pin that says on exposed. I suspect that the middle pin is common to both on and off and closes the circuit.

Man I found the prescaler switches, I guess I need glasses or it was too dark in the garage last night. Anyhow to turn the prescaler or off which position should the little cap thing be in. Current it sits over the 2 pins that say off with the single pin that says on exposed. I suspect that the middle pin is common to both on and off and closes the circuit.

yes, move it closest to the word "On"

Bob

Thanks

I'd like to thank everyone that has helped me out with this problem. The car is running great and all base parameters are set. Bob thank you again especially for getting me out of the whole with the voltage switches, got them set right also.

Thanks, Pete

Next stop, no maf land.
shifter.gif

Well I tried both ways.. and Im back to maf land:), but I guess that's my preference, because I like my blm's

I go back and fourth as well. It's hard to beat a maf for drive ability. Latley though I been running speed density. I can never make up my mind. GN wheels of GNX wheels? Decisions, decisions.
sigh.gif

we can turn the blm's on with speed density mode, but the tune needs to be really close to prevent driveability issues.

My preference is speed density, due to the smoothness of the part throttle and tip-out.

But thats just me.....

Bob

Back