You can type here any text you want

help with removing my front shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

esibaja2

Can anybody help me with removing my front shocks on my gn? I own a manual but it sure doesn't do the dirty work. It tells me to hold the top of the shock with an open ended wrench and losen up the nut with a 15 mm wrench., but in order to hold the top i have to use a 7mm wrench and just imagine putting pressure on that little wrench. I tried to use pliers but it just strips the screw. Any suggestions. thank you
oh what do you guys think about the edelbrock/eibach coilovers.

Can anybody help me with removing my front shocks on my gn? I own a manual but it sure doesn't do the dirty work. It tells me to hold the top of the shock with an open ended wrench and losen up the nut with a 15 mm wrench., but in order to hold the top i have to use a 7mm wrench and just imagine putting pressure on that little wrench. I tried to use pliers but it just strips the screw. Any suggestions. thank you
oh what do you guys think about the edelbrock/eibach coilovers.

You can normally get them off just using a socket. If you cannot get the nut to come off without the shock "stud" spinning, then just break off the end with the nut on it. Use a long socket and bend the stud until it breaks. This is a last resort though (but it does work).

Bilstein shocks.

I have two methods. You can go in from the top and use a long cold chisel and split the nut. The other method is to remove the tire and go in through the wheel well. You can then put a 7 mm wrench on the top of the stud and then crack the nut loose with your 15mm wrench. If the 7mm wrench slips, you'll have to use vise grips to hold it. Swearing helps. KYB or Bilstein shocks are a nice addition.

Back