You can type here any text you want

hiding wires from pillar pod

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSP

Lets say I forgot to put the heat shrink around the wiers and hose that come out of my 2 gauge pillar pod.... Hypothetically of course... A now the tube going to the boost gauge has swollen and the little brass peice wont come off, so it wont fit in the heat shrink.... Now what, it doesent look so hot with a cluster fu%k of wires headed down the pillar....

Lets say I forgot to put the heat shrink around the wiers and hose that come out of my 2 gauge pillar pod.... Hypothetically of course... A now the tube going to the boost gauge has swollen and the little brass peice wont come off, so it wont fit in the heat shrink.... Now what, it doesent look so hot with a cluster fu%k of wires headed down the pillar....

You could try the convoluted tubing.

Here's my plan. I'll post pictures when it's done I went to the hobby shop and bought some ABS plastic sheet. 0.060 thick. I'm going to make the lip that Lotek forgot to put on the pillar pod.

A pillar

I bought an A pillar cover from the junk yard & cut a slot in it w/ Dremel tool, painted it, then fed the vac. tube & wire behind it. The color match is right on the pod covers the slot, & I was able to retain the original piece. I'm running a single gauge pod right now but am planning to go to a dual pod; the slot is big enough to accommodate additional wiring & the channel behind the A pillar cover is perfect for threading the wires & tubing.
HTH
D :cool:

I removed the stock pillar trim piece, made a hole in it where I wanted the wires and boost gauge hose to go through it and reinstalled it in place. Next, I just had to install the gauge pod over the hole I made and connect the wires + the hose to the boost gauge...Not a single wire shows!

Claude. :smile:

P.S: I replaced the top gauge (temperature gauge) with a knock gauge since the picture was taken, but this still gives you an idea of thew finished job. :wink:

Back