High BLM at Idle 140-but WB shows rich 13.3???

jmendlik

My combo-
PTE 6466 DBB CEA w.63 housing just installed
FP set at 44lbs line off

109 block-@ billet mains stock crank/rods/pistons
Max ported big valve Irons
218/224 billet roller cam-1.65 Roller Rockers
70MM TB/Plenum
PTE Front Mount IC
3" THDP-dual Pypes 2-1/2" exhaust, External 38mm Waste Gate
80 Lbs injectors from Turbo tweak-WB Chip, MAF tanslator ,85mmMaf Sensor, MH Big Mouth 4" cold air intake
Dual Aero 340 Fuel Pumps from Racetronix
Julio's ALky kit-single nozzle
Dusty NL 3200 Stall-Jimmy trans Stage3

fighting this high BLM issue. I just changed my turbos from a 6266 to a 6466-nothing else and cant figure out why my BLM's are at 140 (idle warm) but my PLX W/B reads 13.3-13.5 and car smells rich...FP set at 44 lbs line off...all powerlogger data points are good except the BLM..(MAF, IAC, TPS, CC, O2 active, etc) I also checked for any vacumm leaks and found none.....Im puzzled,,,

any ideas....tried adding 10% richer idle on translator without change in BLM. also this causes the W/B to dip lower--richer

13.3 is lean, not rich (at wot anyway) unless you're looking to see 14.7 at idle. Did you upgrade the chip for the new turbo?

My combo-
PTE 6466 DBB CEA w.63 housing just installed
FP set at 44lbs line off

109 block-@ billet mains stock crank/rods/pistons
Max ported big valve Irons
218/224 billet roller cam-1.65 Roller Rockers
70MM TB/Plenum
PTE Front Mount IC
3" THDP-dual Pypes 2-1/2" exhaust, External 38mm Waste Gate
80 Lbs injectors from Turbo tweak-WB Chip, MAF tanslator ,85mmMaf Sensor, MH Big Mouth 4" cold air intake
Dual Aero 340 Fuel Pumps from Racetronix
Julio's ALky kit-single nozzle
Dusty NL 3200 Stall-Jimmy trans Stage3

fighting this high BLM issue. I just changed my turbos from a 6266 to a 6466-nothing else and cant figure out why my BLM's are at 140 (idle warm) but my PLX W/B reads 13.3-13.5 and car smells rich...FP set at 44 lbs line off...all powerlogger data points are good except the BLM..(MAF, IAC, TPS, CC, O2 active, etc) I also checked for any vacumm leaks and found none.....Im puzzled,,,

any ideas....tried adding 10% richer idle on translator without change in BLM. also this causes the W/B to dip lower--richer
Exhaust leak before the turbo? 13.3-13.5 for a hot idle seems good to me if it is a TT chip. My car smells rich at 13.5 as well. I would trust the wideband and narrowband and not your nose. The unleaded gas I am stuck with smells like garbage at any afr

Change the Translator to the 10% richer idle setting, then reset the ECM and let it learn over again. The BLM at idle should come down.

The a/f at idle is where I programmed it, so that's normal. The smell is not from the a/f.

The BLM does not indicate whether it's rich or lean, only that the computer made a correction to get to the commanded a/f.

Regards,
Eric