Just installed my PTE6266 SP CEA DBB w/.63 exhaust.... Holy Crap! :)

jmendlik

PTE6266 SP DBB with new CEA technology...

This things spools like "Instant"......is super smooth, and makes a different spool up sound than my PTE6152 JB that was replaced.

My combo-
109 block-@ billet mains stock crank/rods/pistons
Max ported big valve Irons
218/224 billet roller cam-1.65 Roller Rockers
70MM TB/Plenum
PTE Front Mount IC
3" THDP-dual Pypes 2-1/2" exhaust, External 38mm Waste Gate
80 Lbs injectors from Turbo tweak-WB Chip, MAF tanslator ,85mmMaf Sensor, MH Big Mouth 4" cold air intake
XP Fuel Pump
Julio's ALky kit-single nozzle
Art Carr 16930 9' Converter-stall is near 3000-3200

It move into full boost very rapid and I can hit 20lbs very very fast-I may need to get a better waste-gate set-up after further testing to make sure I have no creep...Again--It moves into boost ridiculously fast! More testing/tuning needed but I'm very happy with my purchase from Pete/Patrick at PTE..

It snowed here this morning (Chicagoland) and put the brakes on my planned test/tuning that was scheduled as it was supposed to be clear and dry both Sat/Sun....But now they salted the streets so I'm parked in the Garage unitl the roads are clean...could be a long time!!!!

Same here. Snow killed my plans of driving the Buick today. You picked the right man to help you choose a turbo, Patrick knows his stuff! That is a fun turbo and the ported shroud will scare off a lot of would be opponents.

we cant drive our cars in the snow? hey jason, go put some dielectric grease on your module!

we cant drive our cars in the snow? hey jason, go put some dielectric grease on your module!

No, we can but then its all dirty and covered with salt when you reach your destination. I dont need dielectric grease. I use MSD wires! Other wires are chit and is the reason 98% of the combos on here are 2 seconds off where the should be.

PTE6266 SP DBB with new CEA technology...

This things spools like "Instant"......is super smooth, and makes a different spool up sound than my PTE6152 JB that was replaced.

My combo-
109 block-@ billet mains stock crank/rods/pistons
Max ported big valve Irons
218/224 billet roller cam-1.65 Roller Rockers
70MM TB/Plenum
PTE Front Mount IC
3" THDP-dual Pypes 2-1/2" exhaust, External 38mm Waste Gate
80 Lbs injectors from Turbo tweak-WB Chip, MAF tanslator ,85mmMaf Sensor, MH Big Mouth 4" cold air intake
XP Fuel Pump
Julio's ALky kit-single nozzle
Art Carr 16930 9' Converter-stall is near 3000-3200

It move into full boost very rapid and I can hit 20lbs very very fast-I may need to get a better waste-gate set-up after further testing to make sure I have no creep...Again--It moves into boost ridiculously fast! More testing/tuning needed but I'm very happy with my purchase from Pete/Patrick at PTE..

It snowed here this morning (Chicagoland) and put the brakes on my planned test/tuning that was scheduled as it was supposed to be clear and dry both Sat/Sun....But now they salted the streets so I'm parked in the Garage unitl the roads are clean...could be a long time!!!!
Wait until you get a converter in there that will couple the power and turn it up to 27-28psi.

What is the difference between the 17 blade and the 18 blade and wouldn't the 18 blade be for a car with more horsepower?

Regards,
Shev

What is the difference between the 17 blade and the 18 blade and wouldn't the 18 blade be for a car with more horsepower?

Regards,
Shev
The flash stall is what needs to be addressed. The important thing is the rpm under full power where the engine spends most of it's time. Based on cylinder pressure/rpm the higher the bigger number will stall higher at the same torque. If you have more cylinder pressure and not adding rpm or very little rpm you need a converter that will couple where you need it. If more hp meant more blades then nitrous engines would have them but they have the opposite. There's a lot more than that to it though. The type of stator and the type of blade and pump as well as the size of the converter.

Bison-based on my combo info what stall 9.5 NL PTC would you direct me to??? also would be 18 blade??

deboeWE4 --i was running a PTE 6152 w/.63 exhaust

Bison-based on my combo info what stall 9.5 NL PTC would you direct me to??? also would be 18 blade??

deboeWE4 --i was running a PTE 6152 w/.63 exhaust
Contact dusty and don't worry about what stator. Tell him the combo and the intended power and the converter will be built for it

Planning to play with my new toy today as the forecast is clear and cold for the next several days...I plan to play every day..even on xmas day!

Have not taken the car out since December-further testing will have to wait for Spring time....