Hotwheels GN..everyone knows about the print error, how about this...

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Its fairly common knowledge that the new Hotwheels GN has a print error on the back of the package saying there were only 547 Grand Nationals made...we all know thats really GNX's, but the car is not a GNX..

But how about this, I bought a couple today at Wally world, opened one up and popped the hood to find this...

hmm, is it the never seen before twin turbo GN that all the know it alls saw once before or knew of someone that had the "twin turbo model" that talk to you....maybe the print on the package is right..only 547 twin turbo models :D

Pretty accurate engine bay if you were to make a twin turbo GN :D excpet for those upwards facing ICs with no duct holes in the hood

Attachments

• hotwheel.JPG
    hotwheel.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 387
awesome, I saw one at sears and almost bought it. I'll have to go back tomorrow and buy it.

Dude, how do you see out of that windshield?

What do you mean?? The interior is chrome so theres a ton of reflection...I guess thats why the more common single turbo models didn't have chrome interior :D

Maybe they used one of the ultra-rare CIA/FBI versions that DID have the secret twin turbo option as the model for the cars...:biggrin: :confused: :biggrin:

Maybe they used one of the ultra-rare CIA/FBI versions that DID have the secret twin turbo option as the model for the cars...:biggrin: :confused: :biggrin:

Must be....Also since its a GN and its not black.... their designers have everything confused....not to mention the underside is wrong too but that usually isn't correct for the car anyway.

Man, lets knock on a 97 cent diecast car some more fellas:eek: When have you ever seen a COMPLETELY ACCURATE representation of our beloved Turbo Regals in diecast form? NEVER....... even GMP screwed them up guys. But you bet your ass I have every single one of them!:eek: Kinda cool Hotwheels made a Grand National/Turbo Regal............. enjoy it guys.......... I never thought Id see it.............

i think they got the engine off a twin turbo callaway vette..... i remember seeing a picture a looooong time ago and it kinda resembled that

Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette Intercooler Picture

I was thinking that too except the turbos on the vette are under the rear of the motor and these are on top at the front...the ideas they come up with though....they have a good imagination there at HW. :)

8uwith6 is right, I think its just great that Hot Wheels finally gave some respect to the GN. Kids will play with them and have scratched up, bent axle little black cars in their car collections for years.

As for accuracy, it could have been much worse, as some cars are done more 'cartoony' with huge back wheels and motors sticking out of the hood (which might be cool too :D )

8uwith6 is right, I think its just great that Hot Wheels finally gave some respect to the GN. Kids will play with them and have scratched up, bent axle little black cars in their car collections for years.
Don't get me wrong, I think its great too..except they will most likely be maroon cars as the black ones are very difficult to find, I found 8 maroons ones and only a single black one.

I think its just entertaining to see how twisted their designers are.
Everyone always talks about in those "Dumb things people say to TR owners" threads about how red neck Joe came up to them at the gas station saying "that car only has the single turbo, my buddy used to have the rare twin turbo model...blah blah blah.."

And this will feed those types into thinking theres a twin turbo model :D So get ready for more of that while at the pumps :)

Don't get me wrong, I think its great too..except they will most likely be maroon cars as the black ones are very difficult to find, I found 8 maroons ones and only a single black one.

I think its just entertaining to see how twisted their designers are.
Everyone always talks about in those "Dumb things people say to TR owners" threads about how red neck Joe came up to them at the gas station saying "that car only has the single turbo, my buddy used to have the rare twin turbo model...blah blah blah.."

And this will feed those types into thinking theres a twin turbo model :D So get ready for more of that while at the pumps :)

I got a black one!

It's about time Hotwheels made Grand Nationals.I was making my own Hotwheels GNs 10 years ago.

hotwheels021.jpg

Shouldn't you guys be working on your cars instead of playing with hotwheels ?

The only good the maroon one will do, is for Phil !

I'm gonna get some black paint and put a dent in the passenger door, then I'll call it mine.