how do know?

Discount Auto Parts approximately $170 for a lifetime warranty Powermaster cylinder.

Probably the black accumulator ball on the side of the master cyl. Common problem. Kirbans has them..

hth's
ks

Just got back in and put a new accumulator ball on. It didn't help. I was reading on GNTYPE.org about a recall. Is it still in affect?

MODELS AFFECTED: 1985 REGAL 3.8L TURBO (ENGINE VIN CODE 9) AND RPO
LM9 BRAKES 1986-87 REGAL 3.8L TURBO (ENGINE VIN CODE 7) 1986 LESABRE
AND ELECTR ESTATE WAGON 1986 CHEVROLET CAPRICE STATION WAGON
1986 PONTIAC PARISIENNE WAGON 1986 OLDSMOBILE CUSTOM CRUISER
STATION WAGON

. IF LEFT UNCORRECTED THESE VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A "HARD
BRAKE PEDAL" OR "INCREASED BRAKE PEDAL TRAVEL". THESE CONDITIONS
MAY BE CAUSED BY A CAST IRON COMBINATION VALVE ALLOWING AIR TO
ENTER THE BRAKE SYSTEM OR BY A PRESSURE SWITCH LEAKING BRAKE FLUID.

TO PREVENT EITHER OF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS FROM OCCURING, VEHICLES
WILL BE INSPECTED AND THOSE EQUIPPED WITH THE CAST IRON COMBINATION
VALVE WILL RECEIVE A NEW BRASS COMBINATION VALVE. ALSO, PRESSURE
SWITCHES WILL BE INSPECTED AND REPLACED IF NECESSARY.
DEALERS ARE TO SERVICE ALL VEHICLES SUBJECT TO THIS CAMPAIGN AT NO

CHARGE TO OWNERS, REGARDLESS OF MILEAGE, AGE OF VEHICLE, OR
OWNERSHIP, FROM THIS TIME FORWARD.
:confused: :confused:

Discount Auto Parts approximately $170 for a lifetime warranty Powermaster cylinder.

Your pump is probably so weak that it ran for long time,could't buid enough pressure and blew a fuse. Check the fuse, I belive it is a 30 amp Fuse under the dash. If you keep blowing them just get the complete unit for 170.00 or so and be done with it. Life time warranty:D

Convert to vacuum brakes. The lifetime warranty won't help you if you can't stop in time.:(

call your buick dealer and give him your vin# and he can look up on his computer if you need recall.

The proportioning valve causes air in the lines and a spongy pedal. I don't think there was ever an official recall in the states on the valve.

The pressure switch will blow all the fluid out the top of the plastic in the switch. If the switch has been changed out, it will now be gray in color.

If the accumulator did not fix it, you need to verify that the fuse is good and the motor/pump is running.