How good are David Hussek's transmissions?

evil666

I got my transmission refreshed not to long ago, but I think my guy's capabilities are surpassed. Under hard acceleration at the track, the transmission flares badly from 2cd to third. The car still drives great and don't really feel the flare on the street, but I am thinking of sending my tranny out in the future.
I bought a few billet parts off David Husek for my transmission in the past, and he is a great guy to deal with and seems to really know his stuff. I just want to hear from guys that have gotten their transmission built from him or if they know of anyone that has gotten their transmission built from him. What is the reputation of his transmission? My goal is for one day to run mid nines and I need a tranny that could take it, don't feel like shipping it out every year.
Would like to hear your advice and opions , thanks ahead of time.
Marco

Well, he makes and sells all the parts that the "builders" use in the "strong" builds, so I would venture to say...he has more then the ability to build a superior tranny. My tranny is full of his parts. I believe I read he is now building his own convertors as well. I would not hesitate to get one from him, but he was no where near where I live.
I chose Vince Janis to build mine and he is friends with Dave.

I have dave's Trans in one of my cars it replaced an old tired 90's Dynotech, and its holding up really well under normal and very "spirited" high torque driving, it shifts great its behind a l/u-5 disc vigilante, he's one of the top tranny guys for over 20 years give him a call...

I have his convertor and it works as advertised.

Since the only thing I haven't broken on my car is the tranny that will be next. Husek will be the only call I make.

Dave was the only guy I dealt with who could build a good/strong/properly shifting trans 18 years ago. Probly gotten better since then. Always answered the phone too.

He built a new one for me about 3 months ago. Let me say this, the Trans is spot on. Also bought his 3021 TC. As Coach said he is now building them also. Would not use anyone else other then maybe Bison. I'm sure there are other good poeple such as Vince. However Dave is the man

Ordered mine today, David answers his phone nearly everytime I've called. Cut me a great deal on hopefully the last trans I buy!

Ordered mine today, David answers his phone nearly everytime I've called. Cut me a great deal on hopefully the last trans I buy!

Seriously when it comes to performance parts its so refreshing to have someone so easy to talk to. In fact 90% of Buick guys are so much easier to deal with then Ford guys with my Rustang.

As for Dave, I have one of his trans in mine. Feels absolutely great and he himself has told me its an older build. Im sure he has many more tricks up his sleeve since this one was built (I believe the one in my GN is about 3 years old or more.)

I have one of Dave's transmissions and it works flawlessly.

When I first installed my transmission I was having some issues that were not caused by his transmission and he spent countless hours with me until I got the issue resolved. Awesome customer service.

I just want to hear from guys that have gotten their transmission built from him or if they know of anyone that has gotten their transmission built from him
I have been running his full billet duel fed 200 for years on a very aggressive combo and im very happy.his tranny is working overtime on my car and im very happy

Thanks everyone on the positive feed back I have gotten on David Husek's transmissions.
Marco

If your goals are to run mid 9's and not ship the trans back every year, you should look into a 400. Just saying.. ;)

Seriously when it comes to performance parts its so refreshing to have someone so easy to talk to. In fact 90% of Buick guys are so much easier to deal with then Ford guys with my Rustang.

As for Dave, I have one of his trans in mine. Feels absolutely great and he himself has told me its an older build. Im sure he has many more tricks up his sleeve since this one was built (I believe the one in my GN is about 3 years old or more.)
Yes about 3,4 year old build , Dave is one of the best trans builders , a freind & awesome builder !

If your goals are to run mid 9's and not ship the trans back every year, you should look into a 400. Just saying.. ;)
Ya I know a 400 could take a lot more abuse, but I really want to keep it a 4 speed.