How good are David Hussek's transmissions?

A while back you were having a problem with your torque converter. Supposedly.
What ever came of that?

D
Yes Evil I did have a big problem with my PTC convertor, It was ripping the splines off my billet input shafts. The splines in my torque convertor weren't far enough to have a good engagement with my input shaft and the splines on the input shaft were ripping off badly. When I shipped the convertor back to PTC they modified the splines inside the convertor and the problem was finally solved. Dusty had told me that this wasn't a common problem with the convertor, but that the same problem had happen to me and 2 other guys for some reason they can't explain.
Marco

Does anybody know if the packages that David Husek has for sale on his web site, are plus core charge or are those the complete final prices? I sent him an email last week, asking this question, but he still hasn't answered me. I still didn't get a chance to call him yet, just want the most info before I do.
Thanks,
Marco

Does anybody know if the packages that David Husek has for sale on his web site, are plus core charge or are those the complete final prices? I sent him an email last week, asking this question, but he still hasn't answered me. I still didn't get a chance to call him yet, just want the most info before I do.
Thanks,
Marco
Prices on his website are old and have changed. Best to call him. He usually picks up.

IMy goal is for one day to run mid nines and I need a tranny that could take it
Marco

If your goals are to run mid 9's and not ship the trans back every year, you should look into a 400. Just saying.. ;)

BACK in the day when you could win TSM running low tens and sometimes touching the nines there were lots of guys running the 200. As it took more to win that class the guys started offing the 200 and going to 400s, this was when you needed to get ~ mid nines to win it. I do believe that it speaks volumes of the limits of the 200. If it could have been built to reliably run mid 9s then I'm sure there wouldn't have been a mass exodus to the 400. Now a 200 has gone high eights but I only know of that happening one time on one car. If you goal is mid nines without having to pull the tranny for rebuild/freshening then I do not believe the 200 is your best option. Depending on your budget you could always get overdrive on a 3 speed tranny with a GearVendor's unit.

Editted to add that I wouldn't hesitate to use Dave.

Thanks,
Marco
Phone is the best way to contact him..

Thanks,
Marco

PM him , he answered me pretty quick about lowly little cam sensor gear .

BACK in the day when you could win TSM running low tens and sometimes touching the nines there were lots of guys running the 200. As it took more to win that class the guys started offing the 200 and going to 400s, this was when you needed to get ~ mid nines to win it. I do believe that it speaks volumes of the limits of the 200. If it could have been built to reliably run mid 9s then I'm sure there wouldn't have been a mass exodus to the 400. Now a 200 has gone high eights but I only know of that happening one time on one car. If you goal is mid nines without having to pull the tranny for rebuild/freshening then I do not believe the 200 is your best option. Depending on your budget you could always get overdrive on a 3 speed tranny with a GearVendor's unit.

Editted to add that I wouldn't hesitate to use Dave.
Yes my goal is for someday to maybe run mid nines, but if I run 9.80, I will still be ok with it. I know a 400 is a lot tougher than a 200, but its no option for me, I just want to stick to a 200. You have to understand, I am not a weekend racer here, if I go to the track once or twice a year I'm ok with that. I just need a good 200 that could take that and some street driving.
Marco.

Ok guys, I got the picture, as soon as I get a chance I will give him a call.
Thanks,
Marco

Sounds like a 4L80 or a 400 with a gear vendors overdrive would work well, but both of those options are a little pricey$$.

Dave Husek does a great job and will talk to you straight. I don't have any crazy goals for ET, but the tranny, TC, and other parts and service bought from Dave are top notch.

Dave is a super nice guy. Helped me learn how to set a few things up correctly. I buy all my bands and stuff from him.