You can type here any text you want

how is the flow gn1-r head

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tybob

hi ....what is the flow of a set of gn1-r stage 2 champion aluminium heads race port and polish by champion.......if somebody know that's i was enjoy....thanks bob:D

Originally posted by HighPSI
I have seen an average of 270 I and 220 E

Who flowed the heads and did Tom do the porting on those heads? Those intake ##'s are higher than I have ever heard or seen.

Even the newest "R" heads do not have those intake flow ##'s(Per Tom at Champion).

yes is tom do the job....and i dont know if is a new version or the old version of the head.....the engige comme from brent corder and the # on the head is r-0104-2706 ...thanks for the help
;)

I'm sure I must be mistaken :) It's a good thing I didn't say 284 :eek: Bill and Chris did the work. These are for Cometic intake gaskets with things moved around a little ;)

I'm sure I must be mistaken :) It's a good thing I didn't say 284 :eek: Bill and Chris did the work. These are for Cometic intake gaskets with things moved around a little ;)

Gotcha, I thought about some of the stuff after posting that you probably get with a little more "effort" put into them. I have 2 sets that were flowed by 2 different people and got 248 I and 228 E on one set and 258 I and 219 E respectively.

These heads like over .550 lift.

cool ,now i know a good average of those kind of heads.....;) thanks very mutch for the help ......very apreciate bob:D

Ted,
Are those ported to the FP1200 gasket or to the taller cometic?

I have a question, just because a head flows better on the bench have you seen a hp difference at the track?
I have read that some heads make more power then others (same brand) with lower flow numbers and everything else the same.
I think flow numbers are a guideline and maybe higher flow numbers does not automatically mean better heads.......true or false?

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
I have a question, just because a head flows better on the bench have you seen a hp difference at the track?
I have read that some heads make more power then others (same brand) with lower flow numbers and everything else the same.
I think flow numbers are a guideline and maybe higher flow numbers does not automatically mean better heads.......true or false?

We will be running the "other" set of heads this time around. It will be hard to tell. I personally feel that all the "R" heads(old style) will be within range if they were all ported by Tom. I was told by E.T. Performance (who flowed them) that If I wanted more out of them there was more to get. He did not like Tom's work and said it was overpriced. I guess maybe some day I should take this guy up on his word???!!! Looks like we have a benchmark to shoot for.

The regular R heads should be able to get a car in the 8's no problem. The heads I am using this time around have already went 151, so I guess the rest is up to me. ;)

I have seen an average of 270 I and 220 E

This is consistant with the flow numbers we recorded when we checked a set of GN-1R heads done by Champion.:)

My head guy has gotten 262 on the Intake using Fel-Pro 1200's
/ 225 Exhaust

If you wanna get crazy & reweld the heads and do A LOT of work, including making custom intake gaskets, he has gotten 304 on the Intake & I can't remember the exhasut #'s.

Just remember,Not everybody flow benches are the same, So #'s will differ.

Back