How many GNXs have you seen?

I've seen 2. One was in a shop down here and the other at a club meet. #113 at the shop and I can't remember the other ones #

There is a guy in northeast Ohio that sells realestate owns a real GNX and had Romans Chariot shop put T tops on it. I also saw his son driving it on a snowy day, what a JERK!!!!
Tarey D.

""You guy's make me SICK!! I ain't never saw no dadblame GNX ever for in my life! Ain't FAIR, Ain't FAIR, Ain't Fair!!!! Yall just go ahead and rub it in all you want too!! Still Ain't Fair.""

THIS is not fair. There was one here in Las Cruces I saw about 6 years ago. It came into our parking lot ( there used to be a "day old bread store" next door) and when I heard it, it sounded like a vw bug with bad exhaust leaks. I looked over and saw the spoiler and fender flares. It had 3 original wheels. I also saw the quarter panels were rusted almost all the way thru. Windows were down, interior was worn away. Headliner was falling down. Driver's door was dented in pretty good. Windshield had a good crack all the way across. I looked at the panel above the glove box for the number and it looked like someone had been chisling at it with a screw driver. It still had the GNX emblems front and rear. When the old man came out, I asked him if it was real. He said "Yup". I asked him what happened to it. He said "Nuthin, just drive it and take the boat to the lake". IT WAS TRASHED!!:mad:

I told him that was such a disappointment and he told me "it's my car" and shrugged. When he drove off, it smoked like the turbo was puking oil into the downpipe.

The one and only GNX I got to see and it was maybe good for some parts.

Yeah, And when that GNX finally quits on that old man he will let it set in the yard and ROT before he will sell it!! JEESH!!! Some people are just plain ignorant.:mad: :confused:

I've only seen 1 real GNX ,at the Buick Bash in Cumberland R.I. in 1991.Thank god for the internet,it would have been imposible to build my clone without pic's and info on the net.I barely remember'91. :rolleyes:

that was you Rich? Wow I remember that article. I might even still have that issue somewhere arouhd the house too! That was before I had my GN..

Originally posted by Buicksx2
My wifes wedding car was a GNX 342, we had 5 GNs and a GNX as our wedding cars back in 93 was pretty cool. It made an issue of Car Craft too in the reader write in section.

You knew Him Chuck?? COOL! I used to read cars illustrated! What a great car mag!! What ever happened to him?? Didn't he write for Pop Mechanics too??

Originally posted by troGNman
There seems to be a fairly large concentration of GNX's in our small state. I know that there is a good GNX turnout at the fall Buick Weekend at Englishtown with maybe 6 in attendance (3 show/3 race).

I had a ride in #007 way back in the spring of '87. Scott Oldham from Cars Illustrated (then 18 years old) doing the driving chores and me riding shotgun.:cool: I never did get to drive it that evening when he swung by my house.:mad:

Rich, I remember seeing the "GN wedding party" pics in Kirban's newsletter during that time. Very impressive.

Beleive it or not, there are 4 or 5 GNX's in Hawaii! :D

My brother in law owns #534 (?). :cool:

Originally posted by FlyinGN
You knew Him Chuck?? COOL! I used to read cars illustrated! What a great car mag!! What ever happened to him?? Didn't he write for Pop Mechanics too??
Scott's a great guy. I knew him from when I bought my 1986 GN brand new. He was 17 and it was his first ride in a GN. He lived nearby in Old Bridge at the time and his Dad was/is editor of Popular Mechanics. Scott and I would get to "test drive" most of the new performance cars that were coming out at the time. He was driving his dad's Black '86 Vette auto/convertible and couldn't get over the fact that a little V6 could easily conquer it.

Scott moved to the west coast and is the current editor of Sport Compact Car.http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/contactus/

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Originally posted by GNX Guy
Cool question.

I've personally seen and documented 61 different ones + the 2 that I used to own for a total of 63. I've seen them over the past 13 years that I've attended the GS Nats as well as cars I have inspected for potential owners, GNX's I've seen at local car shows, and GNX's that I've looked at as possible purchases.

Joe
Lucky SOB......

I used to own GNX #219 for about 3-years.:)

Til I sold it (regreting it now :( ) for my marriage now I'm starring down the barrel of a divorce:mad: .

Live and learn.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
that was you Rich? Wow I remember that article. I might even still have that issue somewhere arouhd the house too! That was before I had my GN..

>>>> Yeah Frank that was me way back in 1993, I got the issue also it's still out in the garage. We even made it into Kirban's book and Conley's calendar.

We actually had 6 cars (4GNs, 1 GNX, 1 WE4) my buddies WE4 car died in the park during the picture taking so thats why you only see 5 cars in the wedding pic.

Stay well.

#324 in the local showroom in 1987

#??? at the Gainesville raceway last January with an icebox built around the IC :rolleyes: He was from Tally.

I saw one on the freeway. I assumed it was a fake but after slowing down a bit it had the GNX rear suspension.

A long time ago the Mustang guys kept talking about how they were beating up on a GNX. Finally I ran into the guy and tried to run him. It was a regular Regal GNX lookalike but I guess he went around trying to race people. Kind of brought the reputation down a bit.

Theres a few here in the Cleveland area. I think a local Buick/GMC dealership has/had 3 real ones. A GS friend of mine had #006,he sold it.Wasnt 007 from Florida originally. A guy who owns a small lot here said he owned it,but at the time he was in Florida. I drive a fake one for now.....some day I will have a real one;)