You can type here any text you want

How many of you want to see probably the best buy in the land!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Go to the vehicles for sale , page 5 , reserve is 15,000.00

Guys, This is a scam!!! Would YOU put up a deposit of $3000 just to be able to "bid" on a vehicle???. I have been to GVT. auctions and have never heard of this. I for one would NEVER put up a cash deposit on a vehicle I've never seen, much less can't put my hands on it. I will call this phone # tomorrow to verify this and see if they will tell where the car can be viewed. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I'll let you know.

This is a Government auction and it states that the car may be viewed on the 23 from 9-4. The upfront deposit varies with different vehicles and checks are returned via next day air to the bidders that do not win. Please let us know how your conversation goes.

I have called on these cars before, and they are real IRS, ATF, DEA recovered vehicles, others on the list are government sale vehicles and I went last summer to view a truck that OSU(Stillwater) had and it was not a scam. I am sure that these are correct government auction houses. I would like to hear what you find out as well, but I have had positive results. Thanks Scott P.S. If someone from the board buys this thing post pics or a link to it, Please!

Here is the info from the web site:
INSPECTION WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED ON MARCH 23, 2009 FROM 9
AM UNTIL 4 PM. PROSPECTIVE BIDDERS MAY ALSO ASK TO SPEAK TO
JOHN MORGAN OR MATT BANCROFT AT 313-202-1700 EXTENSION 503

And this is where the car is at:
Boulevard and Trumbull Towing
2411 Vinewood Street

Detroit, MI 48216

My experience with these kind of auctions.

I have been to several of these auctions and never bought anything and actually quit going because all the ones I went to ended up being a waste of time. :mad: Maybe someone has had a different experience than I have, but of the ones I went to, all of the cars, boats and motorcycles went over retail. :eek: I was totally blown away that people were spending the stupid money that they were for vehicles that were strictly as-is :frown: and you could not even start and run or drive. They were available for viewing during the advertised hours, but all that you could do was look at them, nothing more. I remember a Viper coupe that everyone was hanging all over that had original paint, but was scratched up and was completely stock with comparable miles to mine that I wanted to buy for my wife, but it ended up selling for about $8k more than I paid for mine and was way rougher in comparison. :confused: Just my personal experience. :(

You are correct, Althought I have seen good deals on the site, I also saw the items I was interested in sell for more than condition warrented. Very few end up as good buys. That, I have to agree. And by no means am I pushing the web site. Just look at it time to time and happen to see the 1986 GN.

Believable ....?

What is the likleyhood of the mileage being "000000"? It is impossible, unless it is mileage since a 'restoration'.

Not worth my time. Like twobryans, i've been to govt auctions and watched selling prices soar to the world of insanity. All we could do is look at the merchandise at auction. Quite well orchestrated by the govt if you ask me. :)

Best Deal

Many family members or friends of the people these vehicles are siezed from are sent by the owners of these vehicles to buy them back and they don't really care what the cost. Easy come, easy go for them. My father was in the auction business and personally witnessed this action.

bob

ATR Car??

Plates are from calif... makes me wonder if this car is the old ATR car that was all over their magazines and posters?

The add says it was in many magazines. Did something happen to ATR?

ATR went out of business probably 7 or 8 or more years ago. I think I still have an old ATR catalog with a feature on thier race car--I will have to dig it out and compare

ATR went out of business probably 7 or 8 or more years ago. I think I still have an old ATR catalog with a feature on thier race car--I will have to dig it out and compare

actually it only has been about 5 years mayge 4 as i have only been into these cars for 6 years and i bought some stuff from them while they were still around. i wish bought more from them.:frown:

I too think this is the old ATR car. Front and rear suspension makes me think it is their old car. (Rack and pinion steering and a rear 4 link suspension.) I remember the car weighed at or under 3000#. It did run at the track. It could be an IRS seized vehicle? Engine alone is worth more than 15K. My 02$. Gene

actually it only has been about 5 years mayge 4 as i have only been into these cars for 6 years and i bought some stuff from them while they were still around. i wish bought more from them.:frown:

You didn't miss much with ATR. Thier exhaust products were nice but much of thier other stuff was gimicky and over priced. Thier knock off of the THDP(DP301 I think they called it) was responsible for many blown head gaskets with a sticking puck and thier external wastegate(which I bought new from them) should have had a life expectancy rated in minutes because they were junk!:D You are much better off dealing with other vendors such as Mike Licht at Full Throttle.

Back