how many people get tired of there TR

That's why I went with the alky setup and now I pay $3 per gallon of gas. I love every minute that I drive my car. Paul

Paul took the words right out of my mouth :eek: :p I think Alky is one of the first performance things to do now :p (shameless plug for Julio :biggrin: )

Alky is a must. I like the smell when it sprays too:biggrin:

Got to remember that these are old cranky cars. It;s the price you pay to be a member of the darkside. Otherwise you could go and buy a mustang/camaro like everyone else. What fun would that be... As much as I complain about working on these cars ($500 here and there is about right)- It's sometimes like therapy for me. I actually like getting under there and wrenching on the car. Luckily, my other half is an ex-helicopter mechanic so she's cool with helping/taking over and doing a lot of the work too.

BTW, my first taste of Buick turbo power came when I was on the receiving end of a street beating. I was in my Camaro and I saw some black "monte carlo" with big tires sitting at the light. Well, needless to say, it was ugly what that guy did to me and my gutless Camaro :eek: . After that, I knew I needed one.

That's why I went with the alky setup and now I pay $3 per gallon of gas. I love every minute that I drive my car. Paul

I run Alky too (Razors PAC) but Iv'e been playing around with this TT110 chip that my brother let me borrow and I use less alky with 100 than 93. I could run my 98 chip with 93 and alky no problem. Sorry to jack thread.

I have 5 of these cars now and have owned 8 total. My 1st turbo car was my 78 Regal Sport Coupe, which started the bug. I purchased my 1st 87 GN in 91 and it kept going from there. Needless to say, priorities have changed over the years. Two little girls now rule the pocket book.

I'm seriously considering getting down to just 1 car, my 1st 87 GN, and selling all the others. I haven't really messed with any of my cars for over a year. The race car has been sitting under the car cover for 2 1/2 years. The 86 GN was totaled almost 4 years ago, but still sitting in the garage with the replacement (85 T) sitting in the driveway for over a year. I also have to count the parts car (a Limited) that needs to just go away since it has been stripped.
John

6-b-kwik-

I hear ya. I'm on my third TR now and I've had alot of fun with each one, but after 11 years, I think I'm finally worn down from all the headaches.

Rob

If someone offered me what I had in the car it would be sold in a chevorlet heartbeat.

Alky is a must. I like the smell when it sprays too:biggrin:

Got to remember that these are old cranky cars. It;s the price you pay to be a member of the darkside. Otherwise you could go and buy a mustang/camaro like everyone else. What fun would that be... As much as I complain about working on these cars ($500 here and there is about right)- It's sometimes like therapy for me. I actually like getting under there and wrenching on the car. Luckily, my other half is an ex-helicopter mechanic so she's cool with helping/taking over and doing a lot of the work too.

BTW, my first taste of Buick turbo power came when I was on the receiving end of a street beating. I was in my Camaro and I saw some black "monte carlo" with big tires sitting at the light. Well, needless to say, it was ugly what that guy did to me and my gutless Camaro :eek: . After that, I knew I needed one.

On the "good" days my attitude is about the same. Unfortunately, my wife has lost any and all interest in my GN and in hot rods all together so that doesn't help.

And coincidentally, my interest in the turbo Buicks began about the same way. My buddy and I got waxed in a little light to light action by a GN back in about '91. I knew what it was, but I had no idea a turbo Buick could dish out that kinda beating! :eek: We were in my buddy's '82 Cutlass with a pretty stout 350 sbc. I had to have one after that.

This thread is depressing!!!

I've been into the TR's for over 10 years and would have it no other way. Sometimes I get down when stuff doesn't go right but when it does....it makes it WELL worth the big and small headaches. For an example, yesterday my car was running great. Took it out and put 150+ miles on it. WOT at the track is cool and all, but on the street.....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My friends have bought and sold many different types of cars with many different powerplants. I on the other hand have stayed with the same thing the whole time. Guess who's faster;)

I get bored with mine and I've only had it 3 years, lol. Then other times I drive it and think "I'll never sell this thing!". Not too long ago I joked with my wife that I was gonna get rid of it for an '04 Cobra Mustang and she said she'd kill me, lol. She was 8 months pregnant when we drove to NJ to buy the thing, so I've been informed that she didn't go through that just for me to sell it :D

My problem is that I hate automatics. I love shifting gears.

I will never get out of buicks,I may have to walk away from time to time but to get out completely. NEVER!!!!!!I think actually owning GNs for 13 years and wanting one since they came out.Im addicted!!!!!!:eek:

I will never get out of buicks,I may have to walk away from time to time but to get out completely. NEVER!!!!!!I think actually owning GNs for 13 years and wanting one since they came out.Im addicted!!!!!!:eek:

X2!! I will NEVER sell my GN. The 'T', maybe. I bought the 'T' in 92, been addicted since. Yea, they can be a real PITA, BUT when you take it out for a spin and get a ton of stares, thumbs ups, and all the respect that comes with these cars, no way. I'm a lifer!! I agree with a previous post. Can't believe all the negitive posts, and sooo few positives!! You know there IS a reason why these cars are so highly respected and admired. Guess they're have to bury me in mine........;)

Ken B.

i dont really hate the car! i just think i have my combo all wrong and i need to fix it!! also i was getting fed up with cleaning black!! i think i am going to let it sit over winter save more money buy all new parts and go at it!! i was really upset when i wrote this thread sorry!!

oh i like what i bought as well, in fact thinking of selling the stinkray, pay a few bills and stuff the rest into this.

Damn car is a bro magnet though, every time i stop its damn wat in dat!..... a v6..... whatchu pay!.... enough....dat a gwand natchunal.....nope.....damn wat dat be din?

i was getting tired of it last year when i only drove it about 230 miles....
but this year i'm no longer tired of it , i'm SICK OF IT. 23 miles this, next year when spring rolls around i'm 99.9 % sure i'm selling it...................

You guys make me feel young!

wellll I guess I am at 20 years old. I DD a limited around town, Just got out of a nasty longer term relationship and it's been other problems from there. The one thing that still puts a grin on my face is this car. Just had 1 of my buick "mentors" help me put on alky thing runs great with 20 lbs of boost. I like to think being a young guy willing to learn has been a positive for some of the more knowledgable Buick guys who have really lended a hand and then some. Us young guys really need you knowledgable guys to answer questions and pass the torch so don't all of you sell your cars! I spend hours a day lurking just reading all the stuff you guys have to say. Anyway, just wanted to express my appreciation and maybe put a positive spin on things.

Brian

wellll I guess I am at 20 years old. I DD a limited around town, Just got out of a nasty longer term relationship and it's been other problems from there. The one thing that still puts a grin on my face is this car. Just had 1 of my buick "mentors" help me put on alky thing runs great with 20 lbs of boost. I like to think being a young guy willing to learn has been a positive for some of the more knowledgable Buick guys who have really lended a hand and then some. Us young guys really need you knowledgable guys to answer questions and pass the torch so don't all of you sell your cars! I spend hours a day lurking just reading all the stuff you guys have to say. Anyway, just wanted to express my appreciation and maybe put a positive spin on things.

Brian

Don't worry Brian.......not ALL of us want too sell!! I've had many musclecars thruout the years and NOTHING even comes close to the attention and respect you will get from driving/owning one of these great cars!! Not to mention the feeling of actually DRIVING one!!:biggrin: Like I said before, i'll NEVER sell out to buy a 'whatever'(insert other car here). My GN has been in the body shop since July 31st and it's KILLING me not to have it as I have done everything myself to it since buying it about 4 years ago. I don't trust anyone(well, with the exception of ye ole Jack C. of course) to work on my car anyway. I can see it now, i'll be the 70 year old 'ole fart' with the wife riding shotgun still yelling at me to stop racing the kid in the Mustang!!;) Too funny................Ken B.

i get tired of taking the cover off and starting once every 2 weeks...
i suppose i should actually DRIVE it......is that what i bought it for?......
wont sell it though.....too hard to find a 20 year old car that is as nice and rust free..

I haven't had mine quite a year yet, drive it as much as possible. I'm use to old cars that rattle and squeak. My T must be rare as it doesn't leak any oil, sat in the garage all winter with no drips on the floor:biggrin:.