You can type here any text you want

How much r12 is needed ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So what’s that 52 oz’s ? I forget the math on that, 16 oz’s in a pound correct ?

On the search for cans had 2 but can only find one of them, no clue if they are good or not.

Refrigerant does not go bad in cans or drums. Small automotive cans have only 12 oz not 16oz. I thought it was 14oz, mine show the 12oz.

I sourced out R12 on my local Craigslist, Offer Up, and Facebook marketplace - I ended up getting cans from $15 to $20 per can. I don't believe I have a completely empty system, but I bought enough to get me through a full recharge if system is empty.

I sourced out R12 on my local Craigslist, Offer Up, and Facebook marketplace - I ended up getting cans from $15 to $20 per can. I don't believe I have a completely empty system, but I bought enough to get me through a full recharge if system is empty.
you get those fittings I showed you

I did get the adapter for the high side fitting and picked up a used R12 gauge set locally for like half the cost of a new set. This set will be just for the Buick anyway.
nice if you have enough r-12 ,I still have my old ac hoses if you ever need them

IMG_1827.JPG

I have four 6 oz cans , I was gonna try it last year but my compressor went so I just switched out to 134
read a bunch of reviews on it on amazon seemed to work for everyone
I don't know if you want try it ill make you a deal on 4 cans

How’s the 134 working out for you ? I may just go that route so I can just drop this thing off at the shop and be done with it. I’m in Michigan so I don’t have to worry about desert temps.

What do you guys think of Redtek as an R12 substitute?

You're throwing money down the drain. The proper amount of R12 is zero.

Flush it, suck it down, and retrofit to R134a. I've got 38 degrees out the vents on a 90 degree day. At idle.

Back