You can type here any text you want

How much rust is too much rust?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Why all this dislike for the '85? Is it a serious difference between the two or is it just because it's easier to mod the new ones? The first GN I posted was almost $9200 more expensive than the one in CA, plus I'd have to pay probably another $1000 to get it shipped out here, never mind registration fees and the smog check headache. The rebuilt motor also only has about 400 miles on it, although I should probably find out about tranny too.
0_0720151452.jpg

Rebuilt motor scares me unless it is documented by a receipt from a buick guy. Plenty of botched buick rebuilds by ford/chevy/mopar guys. Hot airs do not give the same dollar for dollar performance investment of a 86-87. They are PITA to work on, parts are harder to find etc. Find a stock 86-87 car, rust free, orginal paint. T tops = rust in hidden areas unless garaged its entire life. As stated give Dennis Kirban a call he will not sell you junk, reach out to Nick and TurboLou as well.

Yeah the 84-85 basically has a different turbo setup.. No intercooler and just not as easy of a setup to work with as a 86-87. If you don't already know the difference between the two cars I suggest you read up watch videos about Grand Nationals and get a understanding of the differences. These cars require constant upkeep , And it's worth it to read about them before you jump at one. Ask me how I know lol I bought a car with a "rebuilt motor" that same year I had to actually get it rebuilt again properly.... Sigh.

You can make a hot air GN fast. There are some fast ones on this board.

Definitely have to have small hands and patience to work on them tho lol.

Mine is running on e85. Runs pretty good

HA cars have been into the 10's and we've been waiting for 2 or so years for one to hit the 9's. It really does take more time and imagination to make one work, not to mention intelligence.:p

Don't get butt hurt all you non intercooled guys. I was not attacking those cars, just pointing out 86-87 are much easier to work on, easier to get parts for, and aftermarket support is much better(Try buying a downpipe for a hot air). Those are can be made fast as crap and have there place:)

Back